Why did Menchov drop out?

Old July 27th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Why did Menchov drop out?

just curious.

Old July 27th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...
just curious.

Dumbass -

After ten days of service to leaders Michael Rasmussen and Denis Menchov,
domestique Bram De Groot was in a bad mood at the start of Thursday's stage,
and expressed that he hoped to leave France as soon as possible. The morning
after the departure of Rasmussen, Menchov started the stage, but then he too
packed and went home... His team-mate Boogerd was clearly annoyed with the
way Rasmussen left the Tour after all the work the team had done for him.
"We didn't talk with each other. He didn't dare to come, I guess he proved
to be a chicken," Boogerd said sarcastically just before the peloton rolled
away from Pau.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...ul07/jul27news

Thanks,

JF

Old July 28th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 02:58:33 GMT, "Jim Flom"
wrote:

His team-mate Boogerd was clearly annoyed with the
way Rasmussen left the Tour after all the work the team had done for him.
"We didn't talk with each other. He didn't dare to come, I guess he proved
to be a chicken," Boogerd said sarcastically just before the peloton rolled
away from Pau.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...ul07/jul27news

I am not a Boogerd fan but that is a great line from him.
--
JT
****************************
Old July 28th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

wrote:

His team-mate Boogerd was clearly annoyed with the
way Rasmussen left the Tour after all the work the team had done for him.
"We didn't talk with each other. He didn't dare to come, I guess he proved
to be a chicken," Boogerd said sarcastically just before the peloton rolled
away from Pau.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...ul07/jul27news

I am not a Boogerd fan but that is a great line from him.

It seems to be inconsistent with other statements from Boogerd about
Rasmussens exit.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

menchov Bounty Bob Racing 0 July 20th 06 11:44 AM
What about Menchov, he's on the list too ! Keith Racing 0 July 1st 06 01:36 AM
Menchov Andre Racing 3 June 29th 06 09:54 PM
Denis Menchov Bounty Bob Racing 2 June 26th 06 01:52 PM
Who knew Menchov could climb this well? Robert Chung Racing 7 September 16th 05 07:56 AM