Cyclist Vinokourov hires Floyd Landis' lawyer in Tour doping case

Old July 28th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Cyclist Vinokourov hires Floyd Landis' lawyer in Tour doping case

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Alexandre Vinokourov has hired Floyd Landis'
lawyer to defend him on blood doping charges that resulted in his ejection
from the Tour de France.

Attorney Maurice Suh was in France on Friday and unavailable for
comment, but his Los Angeles office said he was on the case for

Vinokourov,
who has denied doping.

"I can confirm we do represent Vinokourov," said Pearl Piatt,
spokeswoman for the Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher law firm.

--------------
It's amazing how fast pro-cycling is self-destructing, almost hourly reports
of just not another brick coming out of the wall, but whole sections of the
wall falling down. I doubt this sport will survive the summer. I think the
future is cycling exhibitions, kind of like the Harlem Globetrotters, until
the new LeMond standards are implemented. I would go further than LeMond
and erase all the Tour results after LeMonds last Tour victory, and start
fresh in 2009.

Old July 28th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

On Jul 27, 8:05 pm, "Crescentius Vespasianus"
wrote:
[...]

befoer yawl get worked up about this consider the need for expensive
lawyers is inverse to the availability and quality of evidence
supporting your claims against your adversary's claims.
obviously if I have 4 neutral and reliable witnesses holding down
steady jobs ad nauseum to allege I was in Bayonne on the 4th not
Tuscany where the crime occured then 5 mill for a defense is over kill
unless the pot is worth 25 mill as a sure thing.
you see, if your evidence proves (this is generally USA law for normal
folk) your case then what you do is go to court to figure what the
damages are worth.
The real deal here is an athlete's effective competitive life-time
lost in unjustified sanction.
the real deal is also the crowd reaction as a lynch mob participating
in a holy war against? flooding the court room.
rational logical outcomes are not necessarily on the horizon.
trautig/ligget's illogical and successful pandering to an audience
incapable of adding 2+2 but more than capable of repeating nusurey
rhymes over and over until the rhymes are real is the accused's real
problem.
It was and is Gore's problem. still is after...

Old July 28th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message . net,
Crescentius Vespasianus ') wrote:

I would go further than LeMond
and erase all the Tour results after LeMonds last Tour victory, and start
fresh in 2009.

Shouldn't you erase all Tour results since 1904?

Morning had broken, and there was nothing left for us to do
but pick up the pieces.