A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FOLDING BIKE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd 17, 06:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
LF
external usenet poster

Default FOLDING BIKE

On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 10:30:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
NYT'S TRAVEL section gift list

https://www.nytimes.com/guides/gifts...t-folding-bike

Only time will tell. Dahon design flaws can show up after a while. For example, I was surprised to find the spoke nipples on my relatively high end Dahon Speed 7 were aluminum -- discovering this only after stress fractures dislodged the spokes. Why would the designers choose failure prone aluminum over the standard brass nipples? I was luckier than my friend, who's aluminum Dahon frame also developed stress fractures. Over time, many of the nuts and bolts rusted on various parts of my bike rusted. The Speed 7 looked good when I bought it. Over time, the design flaws blossomed. I have bikes that are older, and held together much better.