Jay does a face plant! (CAUTION: bloody graphic link within)

Old April 11th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

Default Jay does a face plant! (CAUTION: bloody graphic link within)

On Apr 10, 7:46 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:35 am, Jay wrote:

Dear RBT friends:

Don't you feel sorry for me?

I am in ril PAIN here!

Oh, yeah, you are thinking: Another J bike wreck. How would a helmet
have prevented this painful injury?

Just kidding. I am NOT starting another helmet thread. I REFUSE to
start another flame war.

party doll - party doll ...

I did a face plant a few years ago, and the helmet did protect my
forehead -- but my frameless glasses put a 2-3" half-moon laceration
in my cheek -- clear to the bone. I got lots of teeny tiny stitches
from a plastic surgeon. Always ask for the plastic surgeon when you
cut up your face. If you let the ER doc do the work, you may end up
looking like Freddy Krueger. -- Jay Beattie.

OK - U started it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOx7-z-lmg

J.
Old April 12th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Werehatrack wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:46:27 -0700 (PDT), Jay Beattie
may have said:

On Apr 10, 9:35*am, Jay wrote:
Dear RBT friends:

Don't you feel sorry for me?

I am in ril PAIN here!

Oh, yeah, you are thinking: Another J bike wreck. How would a helmet
have prevented this painful injury?

Just kidding. I am NOT starting another helmet thread. I REFUSE to
start another flame war.

party doll - party doll ...

I did a face plant a few years ago, and the helmet did protect my
forehead -- but my frameless glasses put a 2-3" half-moon laceration
in my cheek -- clear to the bone. I got lots of teeny tiny stitches
from a plastic surgeon. Always ask for the plastic surgeon when you
cut up your face. If you let the ER doc do the work, you may end up
looking like Freddy Krueger. -- Jay Beattie.

In my case, I'm told that might constitute an improvement. Given the
size of the queue that formed to get Robert England's autograph at an
event in Dallas a couple of months back, I'm obviously taking the
wrong approach somewhere now.

Apparently you did not get Robert Englund's autograph.

--
Michael Press
Old April 12th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:54:59 -0700, Michael Press
may have said:

Apparently you did not get Robert Englund's autograph.

Nope. Didn't want it. I was peddling T-shirts, none of which had his
mug on them.

Old April 13th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

may have said:

Apparently you did not get Robert Englund's autograph.

Nope. Didn't want it. I was peddling T-shirts, none of which had his
mug on them.

But, how did I know?

--
Michael Press
Old April 13th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:28:41 -0700, Michael Press
may have said:

may have said:

Apparently you did not get Robert Englund's autograph.

Nope. Didn't want it. I was peddling T-shirts, none of which had his
mug on them.

But, how did I know?

Your secret is safe.