Tsunami devistation

Old January 7th 05, 05:12 AM
cc

wrote in message
Do we have run to the resue of every poor soul. A big
no. I moved all of life some against my will and some not and this
place I've been twice not my will but the 3rd was.

It's called humanity, jackass.

Old January 7th 05, 05:34 AM
cc

"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...
What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Yeah, something should certainly be done about the smell.

It's a shame that when hundreds of thousands die that the rest should be
inconvenienced, especially the vacationing tourists. Somebody must be held
accountable.

Did you stop to think that those that have loved ones that died in the
tsunami might take offense to you complaining about "the STINK" of their
corpses?

Old January 7th 05, 05:50 AM
Mark Hickey

Slacker wrote:

Sheeesh, I can simulate a 4.4 sitting on the toilet after eating way too
much Mexican food!

Have some habanero peppers with it and you can simulate that 4.4 all
the way across town! It will resemble Mt. St. Helens in other ways,
as well.... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old January 7th 05, 05:51 AM
small change

cc wrote:
"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...
What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude
of the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my
G*d, it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Yeah, something should certainly be done about the smell.

It's a shame that when hundreds of thousands die that the rest should
be inconvenienced, especially the vacationing tourists. Somebody must
be held accountable.

Did you stop to think that those that have loved ones that died in the
tsunami might take offense to you complaining about "the STINK" of
their corpses?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's over there with part of the US
contribution to the hands-on humanitarian effort, and the stink is just a
true reality of the whole thing. What have you done to help?

Penny

Old January 7th 05, 06:10 AM
cc

"small change" wrote in message
cc wrote:
"J G" wrote in message
[...]

I wasn't addressing what he has done, but the callous manner in which he
described the catastrophe. On the same note, I don't feel the need to defend
my contributions to the recovery effort.

cc

Old January 7th 05, 06:11 AM
James Calivar

bri719 wrote:
J G wrote:

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude
of the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my
G*d, it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(

Ralph --

I was awoken by a terrible shaking this morning in my bed at 6:35am
-- a devastating 4.4 quake centered in Fontana, CA. luckily, I held
on tight and rode the sucker out, nothing fell on me, and my house is
still standing. one can only imagine the devistation that has
ensued. be sure to stay tuned to MSNBC, CNN etc because I'm sure an
announcement is coming any minute now. everyone at work is scared
****less, but now that I'm here safely in my cubicle I feel much
better. scary times.

"Bob"

bri

4.4? that's a wimpy earthquake.

It depends. The hardest knock in a quake I ever got was a measly 4.2 in the
middle of the night in about 1985 in Santa Cruz. It was quick, but the
ground dropped about a foot, the result being that the entire apartment we
were sleeping in made a huge BANG! which woke us all up.

But that's nothing compared to the "San Francisco" quake in 1989 (actually
centered in Loma Prieta as I recall). THAT was nasty. And "only" a 7.1 - I
cannot even begin to fathom how a 9.0 would feel.

Old January 7th 05, 06:12 AM
James Calivar

wrote in message
Do we have run to the resue of every poor soul. A big
no. I moved all of life some against my will and some not and this
place I've been twice not my will but the 3rd was.

You are really an asshole, aren't you? Wait a minute - youve' got a WebTV
account. That explains everything.

Old January 7th 05, 12:41 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Raptor wrote:
cc wrote:

"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...

What Y'all are seeing on CNN, etc. cannot possibly convey magnitude of
the devistation..... Its fscking wasted. And the STINK, ohh my G*d,
it's enought to make a billygoat puke. So I hear ;-(
--
"Ralph"

Yeah, something should certainly be done about the smell.

It's a shame that when hundreds of thousands die that the rest should
be inconvenienced, especially the vacationing tourists. Somebody must
be held accountable.

Did you stop to think that those that have loved ones that died in the
tsunami might take offense to you complaining about "the STINK" of
their corpses?

I heard on NPR tonight that annually, 150,000 children die in Indonesia
before the age of five from everyday causes like diarrhea, tetanus,
malnutrition, etc.

But not in less than one hour! It doesn't make it any better.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 7th 05, 12:43 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Raptor wrote:

I heard on NPR tonight that annually, 150,000 children die in Indonesia
before the age of five from everyday causes like diarrhea, tetanus,
malnutrition, etc.

Oh wait a second... NPR. That says it all.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws