What's a "Skidiot?"

Old October 3rd 05, 07:49 PM
small change

Default What's a "Skidiot?"

They recently had a clinic for Dh racers and wanna bees at the local ski
lift hill. My gf helped out, and she had pretty good tales of the main guy
working with the mainly-teen group to break them of the skidding habit. The
more you could stop WITHOUT skidding on the Dh skills course, the cooler he
made you out to be, so the kids were soon working on a new kind of stopping.
Cool.

penny

Old October 3rd 05, 11:54 PM
x1134x

well, I read the do's & don'ts and agree with all of them exept the
"Never Scare Animals." one. Sure, don't startle a horse cuz you'll
either get the rider bucked off, or get kicked in the teeth, but if
there's a sage chicken in the trail, I'm just helping it hone it's
fight/flight insticts. And if there's a bug on the trail . . .SQUISH!
I'm sure bug guts have some erosion fighting properties. . . g

In tucson AZ there was a problem recently with mountian lions coming
down out of the higher elevations in search for food, because of the
drought. Bleeding heart sierra club types saw the emaciated (starving)
animals and started putting out meat for them. Many had to be
tranquilized and relocated, and they were back within days, and had to
be put down. My point here is if you get wildlife used to the fact
that a predator as large as a human on a bicycle will stop and yeild to
them, this would be doing them a great disservice as they will become
less compelled to run from humans and other large predators.

Another item that I thought SHOULD be on the do's and dont's was:

7. Never wear spandex shorts. Your are riding a TRAIL not a tour
race. No one wants to see your large a$$. If you wear spandex for
support, wear gym shorts over them please! Its a matter of decency. If
you wear only spandex shorts, I must quote Jim Rome: "*You*, are a
LOSER!" There is *one* exeption to this rule: If you are female AND
you have a nice butt, go ahead and wear only spandex shorts with our
thanks.

The only excuse I can think of for a male to wear spandex only is when
you are actively participating in a race. you may need the reduced
wind resistance. When you are training for a race however, you should
train with additional wind resistance and save the people driving down
the road from having eye damage or worse, a wreck from wretching at the
site of your a$$ crack. Think of swimmers, they only shave their
bodies right before their competition, and train with the extra
resistance of hair at all other times.

x1134x

Old October 3rd 05, 11:55 PM
x1134x

I must add that I only wear the hat backwards when going downhill, and
I wear it like a *white* man at all other times.

Old October 4th 05, 12:00 AM
x1134x

If you're the latter, you'll need to grow up. Just hope you don't run
across JD on the trail before you do.

I wonder if JD has ever been told to FO or STFU when he yells at
skidiots. Of course I have no idea of his physical stature, and it's
alot harder to tell someone off if they look like a professional
wrestler. Maybe he's been told that he's "number one" with the middle
finger and then been driven off on.

Old October 4th 05, 12:00 AM
MattB

x1134x wrote:
I must add that I only wear the hat backwards when going downhill, and
I wear it like a *white* man at all other times.

No reason to make cracks like that, and you should be wearing your
helmet anyway.

Matt (it seems silly hat wearing transcends race and socioeconomic
status, despite stereotypes)
Old October 4th 05, 12:12 AM
MattB

x1134x wrote:
[...]

How about if you want to ride in the same gear you race in, so you know
how your junk will (or won't) be supported or chaffed. How about if it's
really hot outside and those are your coolest (as in temperature)
option? How about if all your other shorts are in the wash? What if your
baggies catch on the nose of your seat, giving anyone following more of
an eye full than spandex would have?

You were complaining about us being elitist because we don't think BSOs
are worthy of the trails. At least that argument was based on function,
though I imagine you might disagree. I'm not saying fat guys (or anyone)
should always wear spandex, but sometimes it's the right tool for the
job, even when I'm not racing (which is most of the time).

I usually wear baggies, but they're not always the best choice or
available and that's when I wear the spandex shorts. If you don't like
it then don't look.

Matt (I've been accused of making spandex look baggy too)

Old October 4th 05, 12:20 AM
small change

x1134x wrote:
[...]

my, my, a little opininated?

Old October 4th 05, 12:55 AM

x1134x wrote:

7. Never wear spandex shorts.

8. Never listen to anonymous e-tards in usenet. Likely as not, they
don't have the first ****ing clue what they are talking about.

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 01:02 AM
Slack

x1134x wrote:
If you're the latter, you'll need to grow up. Just hope you don't run
across JD on the trail before you do.

I wonder if JD has ever been told to FO or STFU when he yells at
skidiots. Of course I have no idea of his physical stature, and it's
alot harder to tell someone off if they look like a professional
wrestler. Maybe he's been told that he's "number one" with the middle
finger and then been driven off on.

I'm sure it has happened on many occasions since he's such a scrawny
little twerp.

--
Slack