Cyclist at war!

Old October 20th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default Cyclist at war!

On Oct 18, 11:16 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

The commuters and other practical cyclists and the elite cyclists are
two different animal species.

Dude, the transportational cyclists ARE the elite (in the best sense of
the word) cyclists.

No they are not, stupid. The elite wear lycra, ride big buck bikes,
and never do anthing practical with them. And then they only associate
with their own kind. Not with slow going practical bikers commuting or
going to the supermarket.

I'm afraid is the latter that want to block any effort to make bike
lanes and other bike facilities. They ride fairly fast and almost go
as fast as slow traffic, so they feel safer. But once in a while are
wiped out too by reckless drivers too.

Of course, everyone is at risk, including motorcyclists. Different
medal for them, though.

The commuters are hampered by the "bicycle lanes" that get them "right
hooked" by motorists and put them in more danger when needing to make a
left turn.

OK, then tame the f**ing traffic, and make the cyclist TAKE THE LANE
and end of the problem, comprende?
Old October 20th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 18, 11:30 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Twibil ? wrote:
On Oct 17, 5:32 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

(A) Why should the huge majority of taxpaying motorists have to give
up any of their lanes for you, much less pay their taxes to build new
ones just for you to use?
You want new lanes, pay for 'em yourselves.
Dude, like most cyclists I pay an assload of taxes that fund the roads
already. Taxes on my house, taxes on my income, taxes on the car that
sits in front of my house when I'm riding my bike. No different than
most everybody else.

That's right: "No different than most anybody else". So why do you
expect special treatment in the form of lanes dedicated only to *your*
usage?

Dude, real bicycles do NOT want bicycle ghetto lanes. "BananaApe Boy"
does NOT speak for cyclists.

Motorcyclist lane-split; we don't expect anybody to build special
lanes just for us.

"Bicycle lane" promoters are either misguided or anti-cyclist. The real
purpose of "bicycle lanes" is to ghettoize cyclists out of the way of
motorists.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.- Hide quoted text -

You know what they call the place where cyclists ride bikes in Holland
or Denmark?

Right, they are called BIKE LANES and it works for them.

But YOU are too smart and you consider them the problem. So what's the
solution "wiseman"?

Old October 20th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 19, 1:51*am, "S'mee" wrote:
On Oct 18, 12:15*pm, KingOfTheApes
wrote:

On Oct 18, 3:56 am, Jym Dyer wrote:

I don't know. I feel like taking desperate steps...

=v= ... in front of an oncoming SUV ...

In short: you [ComandanteBanana] are truly anti-socially
and anti-humanly evil. *I see you for what you are.

=v= Also, he's no comandante, because nobody would ever be
stupid enough to follow him. *(Whatever became of Generalissimo
Ape****, who used to take him down a notch on this point?)
Also, he's no king of the apes, because even apes wouldn't
be stupid enough to follow him.
* * _Jym_

Maybe the sheep are not smart enough to follow the ape.

You prefer the wolf in the sheep's clothing.

You called? Your pathetic "revolution" is less well thought than a
greek communist revolution. ALL will bow down to their superiors the
motorcyclists...Join the club now and get 40% off your club jacket
today (club colours cost extra, prices may vary due to jurisdictions)

--
Keith- Hide quoted text -

Well, that the motorcyclists seem to be smarter than those cyclists
who deny bike facilities, don't make them superior, comrade. Just that
the cyclists are plain stupid.
Old October 20th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 19, 1:01 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
S'mee wrote:
On Oct 18, 9:30 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Elitest scum.

Context man!

Take that mass what ever the hell you call yourselves and go eat a
spoke sideways.

I have never participated in a Critical Mass ride and have no plans to.
Judging all bicyclists by Critical Mass is like judging all
motorcyclists by the handful of anti-social criminal gang members.

You said you were a collaborator so you don't need to say you are NOT
a rebel.

So what's your viewpoint, dude? Go with the flow? Baaah!
Old October 20th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 19, 11:20*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

On Oct 17, 9:29*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Tim McNamara writes:

Then why do I keep meeting smarter people riding bicycles than riding
motorcycles?

Because we bicyclists have to read the minds of the
motor vehicle operators around us. *We often
have to do their thinking for them. *We know what
they're gonna do before they know what they're
gonna do. *Because what they're gonna do is gonna
be the most detrimental thing to us if we aren't
heads-up about their brainless movements.

And besides, bicycles are often a more intelligent
choice of vehicle.

You contradict your claim to being smart when you refuse to bring here
the bike facilities that work elsewhere.

Streets & roads /are/ bike facilities.

But it ain't so much that you
are stupid, it's simply that you are elitist and are selfish as
such...

And yet I'm not out to plant fear into the minds of people,
while you /are/!

I quote here from someone who have figured out that your kind should
shut up and mind your own business..
"First thing I would do would be to purge snobbish/elitist advocates
from leadership or policy making positions at any publicly funded
bicycling advocacy/educational organization; i.e. the clubby
enthusiast type who believes cycling skill (or advocacy goals) is
defined by being a racer (like himself) or a cyclist (like himself)
who moves consistently at speeds greater than 12mph."
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post7688868

My "kind," eh?

Strike one.

Snobbish/elitist advocate, eh?

Strike two.

Shall we go on to your strike 85?

You're evilly anti-human, and I'm
calling you on it. *You hate bicycling
because it gets in your way as a driver,
and it sticks in your throat like a fishbone.
You're not out to promote bicycling; you're
out to restrict it.

"By their fruits shall ye know them."

Your fruits are distasteful and highly,
bitterly spit-out-able.

And you are despicable for it.

It is /you/ who is not only the elitist snob,
but the greedy pig doing everything you can to
force everybody else out of your way as you
muscle into what you perceive as the free-for-all
traffic trough in which you believe non-drivers
don't belong.

I don't hate you. *I don't pity you. *It's not mine
to harbour either of those sentiments. *I just work
around you, you odious obstacle.

Just as you work against people.

No fear. I'm stating it's a jungle, so you get ready for it
accordingly. Some people drive SUVs in it rule and be reckless, others
ride bike with a gun, and other ride bikes trusting other people who
otherwise give a ****, be concerned about you.

Good luck in the jungle, man.

By the way, the fruit to be judged by is a banana. What's wrong with
giving a banana (finger) to the whole damn system?
Old October 20th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Oct 19, 11:38 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:
[...]
Streets & roads /are/ bike facilities.[...]

HOT DOG, WE HAVE A WEINER!

Streets and roads are place for tough competition and road rage.

You better go out with something, at least a banana.
Old October 20th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

On Oct 20, 11:32*am, KingOfTheApes

What a limp dicked troll...not even logical or sensible.
Old October 21st 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

KingOfTheApes wrote:
On Oct 19, 1:01 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
S'mee wrote:
On Oct 18, 9:30 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Elitest scum.

Context man!

Take that mass what ever the hell you call yourselves and go eat a
spoke sideways.

I have never participated in a Critical Mass ride and have no plans to.
Judging all bicyclists by Critical Mass is like judging all
motorcyclists by the handful of anti-social criminal gang members.

You said you were a collaborator so you don't need to say you are NOT
a rebel.

So what's your viewpoint, dude? Go with the flow? Baaah!

Vehicular cycling and vigorous prosecution of motorists who threaten,
harass and/or strike lawfully riding cyclists. Mandatory education of
motorists on the rights of cyclists.

If we want cycling facilities, build extra wide right lanes.

Sharrows are fine, as long as they are far enough from the curb and/or
parking lane.

Bicycle lanes just lead to motorists believing that cyclists do NOT
belong anywhere else on the road.

Old October 21st 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

KingOfTheApes wrote:

Tim McNamara writes:
Then why do I keep meeting smarter people riding bicycles than riding
motorcycles?
Because we bicyclists have to read the minds of the
motor vehicle operators around us. We often
have to do their thinking for them. We know what
they're gonna do before they know what they're
gonna do. Because what they're gonna do is gonna
be the most detrimental thing to us if we aren't
heads-up about their brainless movements.
And besides, bicycles are often a more intelligent
choice of vehicle.
cheers,
Tom
You contradict your claim to being smart when you refuse to bring here
the bike facilities that work elsewhere. But it ain't so much that you
are stupid, it's simply that you are elitist and are selfish as
such...

If you actually rode a bicycle, you would understand why "bicycle lanes"
are separate and unequal facilities.

I quote here from someone who have figured out that your kind should
shut up and mind your own business..
"First thing I would do would be to purge snobbish/elitist advocates
from leadership or policy making positions at any publicly funded
bicycling advocacy/educational organization; i.e. the clubby
enthusiast type who believes cycling skill (or advocacy goals) is
defined by being a racer (like himself) or a cyclist (like himself)
who moves consistently at speeds greater than 12mph."
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=1#post7688868

Yes, let us put the cyclists in a ghetto bike lane to keep them out of
the way of the superior motorists!

Please Honor The Signature Separator.

I've said BIKE LANES, TAME TRAFFIC, OR GO TO HOLLAND, but you are just
picking up on the first one.

Bicycle lanes are separate and unequal facilities.

Taming traffic just requires education and enforcement.

The Netherlands are tempting, but they do not just offer citizenship to
anyone that asks.

Do you think they ever will tame traffic in America? Not without a
revolution, right? Then what are left with if you don't want to give
up on the country and leave it to the SUVs? Make bike facilities
including bike lanes, right? Well, that won't happen either without a
revolution...

So let's seek political assylum in Holland, I guess.

Are you retarded, by any chance?

No, I am someone who has ridden a bicycle many miles in traffic, with no
issues other than harassment by motorists who believe that bicycles do
not belong on the road - like the guy who kept shouting and pointing at
the "bike path" on the sidewalk that could not be ridden safely at more
than 10 mph and required crossing every street as a pedestrian - a
second class bicycle ghetto facility.

Old October 21st 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

KingOfTheApes aka anti-cyclist troll wrote:
On Oct 18, 11:16 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:

The commuters and other practical cyclists and the elite cyclists are
two different animal species.

Dude, the transportational cyclists ARE the elite (in the best sense of
the word) cyclists.

No they are not, stupid.

The troll called me stupid. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The elite wear lycra, ride big buck bikes,
and never do anthing practical with them. And then they only associate
with their own kind. Not with slow going practical bikers commuting or
going to the supermarket.

Banana Boy is confused here.

I'm afraid is the latter that want to block any effort to make bike
lanes and other bike facilities. They ride fairly fast and almost go
as fast as slow traffic, so they feel safer. But once in a while are
wiped out too by reckless drivers too.
Of course, everyone is at risk, including motorcyclists. Different
medal for them, though.

The commuters are hampered by the "bicycle lanes" that get them "right
hooked" by motorists and put them in more danger when needing to make a
left turn.

OK, then tame the f**ing traffic, and make the cyclist TAKE THE LANE
and end of the problem, comprende?

Dude, you are not making sense.