Mercian Vincitore

Old October 22nd 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Default Mercian Vincitore

On Oct 20, 7:11*pm, "Kerry Montgomery" wrote:

Beautiful bike: even has the cardboard bits that kept the brake adjusters
from getting lost during shipping!
I agree with the others that say you'll make more money parting it out,
(even separating the brake hoods from the brake levers), but it'd be a shame
to not see it go to a good home intact.

Let the buyer put the pieces back together. Cut them a deal on
shipping g.

Hoods stay on levers lest they be damaged in removal. Leave the
cardboard shipping tabs on, too.

Long reach, nutted Campy brakes in fine shape, "drilled" levers are
prized in the marketplace.

The saddle and seatpost, likewise.

Hope nothing bad happened to the lettering when that bike was clamped
into that stand. Dang.

Very, very careful dis-assembly required.

Another appreciation for that fine old bike. Nice. --D-y
Old October 22nd 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Nesato

The clamp holding the frame in the stand is padded and lined with protective
tape...lettering is in perfect condition. Know one has asked about the
wheels, they are Ambrosio Elite, which at that time was considered
top-of-the-line. Also noteworthy, photo 8, the rear hub assembly, shows
adjustment screws on each side of the frame for aligning the rear axel. It
might be common place today, but wasn't back then. One other small but
awfully convenient item is the chain holder, which is used to support the
chain while the rear wheel is off the frame. After reading all the comments
and suggestions, for which I thank you all, I will decide how I want to sell
it, assembled vs. parted-out, and what I will ask for it over this weekend.

Mercian wafflycat[_2_] UK 12 August 31st 08 09:49 PM
[FS] - Mercian Tandem Pete Whelan UK 0 October 15th 07 08:11 PM
Help Please Mercian or Bob Jackson Frame jono UK 2 September 2nd 06 09:19 AM
Help Please Mercian or Bob Jackson Frame jono UK 0 September 1st 06 09:59 PM
Mercian Cycles branching out? Call me Bob UK 2 February 28th 06 10:50 PM