Brisbane LardeArse Ride Fri 17Nov

Old November 16th 06, 01:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Default Brisbane LardeArse Ride Fri 17Nov

There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

Adam

--
adam85

Old November 16th 06, 02:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

adam85 wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

Adam

I'm in

--
Karen

"Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
"You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
"...yes."
-Star Trek (any of them)
Old November 16th 06, 03:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

adam85 wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

Adam

--
adam85

It would suit me to go anti-clockwise if OK by youse, as I have to be
back at my wurlie by 7 to take my picanninnies to corroboree.

donga

Old November 16th 06, 03:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

adam85 wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

There's a 5:45 *AM* now?!

BTH

Old November 16th 06, 04:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

Donga wrote:
adam85 wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

Adam

--
adam85

It would suit me to go anti-clockwise if OK by youse, as I have to be
back at my wurlie by 7 to take my picanninnies to corroboree.

donga

Never tried the ride in reverse - anything for a giggle.

Means I can have a *really* long breakfast as my car won't be ready till 10 ish.

Old November 16th 06, 05:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Duracell Bunny Wrote:
Donga wrote:
adam85 wrote:
[...]

err..that's the way we always go. I dunno...younguns these days who
only have those new fangled digital watches!!

Adam

--
adam85

Old November 16th 06, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Paulie-AU

adam85 Wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

Adam

I might be out, but I might be doing my secret fangle dangle training.
I will see how the legs are feeling as I gave them a bit of a hiding
this morning. Also I need to be at my best (baaahaahahahahahahaha) for
Murrarie sp? on Saturday morning.

Adam, I am considering jumping up to B-Grade in another week. I
didn't really have to work too hard in C-Grade last week eventhough I
did a few turns on the front and finished about 20m off the leader
(Need to get better at positioning on the last lap ) Average speed
was 39.4 and the C Grade guys were saying that it was faster than usual
. How do you find the speed diff between B and C?

--
Paulie-AU

Old November 16th 06, 05:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

adam85 wrote:
Duracell Bunny Wrote:
Donga wrote:
adam85 wrote:
[...]

You don't normally linger for breakfast, Adam!

Old November 16th 06, 06:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

Paulie-AU Wrote:
I might be out, but I might be doing my secret fangle dangle training.
I will see how the legs are feeling as I gave them a bit of a hiding
this morning. Also I need to be at my best (baaahaahahahahahahaha) for
Murrarie sp? on Saturday morning.

Adam, I am considering jumping up to B-Grade in another week. I
didn't really have to work too hard in C-Grade last week even though I
did a few turns on the front and finished about 20m off the leader
(Need to get better at positioning on the last lap ) Average speed
was 39.4 and the C Grade guys were saying that it was faster than usual
. How do you find the speed diff between B and C?

Dunno Paulie, I only did one C grade race, and that was only to help
out Abby who didn't show up coz because [insert any random lamo abby
excuse here ]. Average speed for that one was way less than 39.4 -
that seems pretty high for C. Last time I did B it probably would have
been that speed or less. Hard to say how tough a crit is just on ave
speed, but whenever I've aced B at murarrie it's very conservative,
noone wants to work in a break so if I were you I'd just sit in and let
everyone else do the chasing. Or come out to Nundah for something
different.

We did over 40 at lakeside in A grade last week in reverse direction.
That seemed fast for lakeside considering people don't normally push
hard up the hills.

You should come tomorrow, I do the LA specifically so I *do* save my
legs for saturday, if I ride on my own I go way too hard.

Adam

--
adam85

Old November 16th 06, 06:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

BT Humble wrote:
adam85 wrote:
There are a few of us (MonsterMan, AbsentHusband, and maybe Donga the
aborigine) meeting 5:45am at the Southbank side of the Goodwill Bridge
for a *very* cruisy ride around the river and coffee/brekky afterwards.
All welcome.

There's a 5:45 *AM* now?!

BTH

They haven't got daylight savings in Brisvegas. They have to get up
early to compensate. So it's really 6.45 am, 15 minutes before you head
off to do penance at the circus.

Moike