Shed

Old July 28th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Default Shed

After months of getting the house in order, I've at last managed to get
the bike shed up and more or less running. At 8ft x 6ft it's a little
cramped and I have to take one or two bikes out to work on anything, but
it will save the dining room from damage.

If anyone's interested, there's a couple of pictures at:

http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed1.jpg
http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed2.jpg

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old July 28th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

elyob wrote:

That's just too neat and tidy.

I got to say, I was thinking exactly the same. That's some sort of OCD
or something?

No, just a new shed. After many years of working in cramped corners and
competing with umpteen other demands for the space, I've at last had the
chance to lay things out properly to hand. I like to keep my bikes well
maintained, so it's good to have tools and parts accessible, rather than
stuck in cardboard boxes under half-used tins of paint.

It's unlikely to stay as neat and tidy as time goes on.

Whatever disorders I may suffer from, the only obsession I'm aware of
has nothing to do with neatness.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old July 28th 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Brian G wrote:

After months of getting the house in order, I've at last managed to get
the bike shed up and more or less running. At 8ft x 6ft it's a little
cramped and I have to take one or two bikes out to work on anything, but
it will save the dining room from damage.

If anyone's interested, there's a couple of pictures at:

http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed1.jpg
http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed2.jpg

You need to fix up some hooks to hang the bikes off. That way you can
get more in :-)
Old July 28th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Phil Cook wrote:

You need to fix up some hooks to hang the bikes off. That way you can
get more in :-)

That would be too much like jbex wot is forbidden in ye shedde ;-)

Tony
Old July 28th 07, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B[_2_]

Brian G wrote:

elyob wrote:

That's just too neat and tidy.

I got to say, I was thinking exactly the same. That's some sort of OCD
or something?

No, just a new shed.

It's unlikely to stay as neat and tidy as time goes on.

Whatever disorders I may suffer from, the only obsession I'm aware of
has nothing to do with neatness.

Crafty of you to hide the malt in a water bottle though ;-)

John B

Old July 28th 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:35:44 +0100, Brian G
wrote:

After months of getting the house in order, I've at last managed to get
the bike shed up and more or less running. At 8ft x 6ft it's a little
cramped and I have to take one or two bikes out to work on anything, but
it will save the dining room from damage.

If anyone's interested, there's a couple of pictures at:

http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed1.jpg
http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed2.jpg

Your spare inner tube is about to fall off the top of the bathroom
cabinet. May I suggest that you install a couple of hooks to hang
spare inner tubes on so you don't suffer further problems?
Old July 28th 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Artemisia

Brian G wrote:
After months of getting the house in order, I've at last managed to get
the bike shed up and more or less running.

Not only very neat, but deliciously cosy. Makes one want to move in!

EFR
Ile de France
Old July 28th 07, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

Roger Burton West wrote:
Brian G wrote:

If anyone's interested, there's a couple of pictures at:

http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed1.jpg
http://www.wetwo.co.uk/pictures/shed2.jpg

Very swoosh. I just slapped together some pallets and stuck a tarpaulin
over the top:

http://firedrake.org/roger/cycling/hutch.jpg

Yes, but you've got a laminate floor ;-)

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk