Full Recovery for Chihuahua

Old May 20th 12, 05:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Default Full Recovery for Chihuahua

Yesterday I cycled by the house where a chihuahua managed to get under
my rear wheel last month. The chihuahua was back to snapping at my
ankles as though nothing had happened.

Now that's one macho dog.

Bret Cahill

Old May 20th 12, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 20, 5:33*am, Bret Cahill wrote:
Yesterday I cycled by the house where a chihuahua managed to get under
my rear wheel last month. *The chihuahua was back to snapping at my
ankles as though nothing had happened.

Now that's one macho dog.

Glad to hear it, Bret.

I saw three foxes on my commute to work at 0500 this morning - they
were not as bold as your dog and scarpered pretty quickly after they
saw me coming.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 20th 12, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On May 20, 5:33*am, Bret Cahill wrote:
Yesterday I cycled by the house where a chihuahua managed to get under
my rear wheel last month. *The chihuahua was back to snapping at my
ankles as though nothing had happened.

Now that's one macho dog.

Bret Cahill

Similar thing happened to me years ago when I was in the sixth form, I
used to commute on my Triumph Terrier T150 motorcycle, every evening
when returning home I used to gun it up the hill to get a bit of speed
then switch the engine off on the hill crest and freewheel down the
mile or so to the house, I was that skint every little saving in
petrol was significant.

Without fail halfway down the hill, usually when I was doing around
15mph this ****ing dog ran out from a house and snapped at my ankles,
I swear sometimes he was waiting in the road for me, I long gave up
trying to avoid him I just kept straight however he seemed to have the
luck of the angels as I never once collided with him.

After a few months I'd had enough, one balmy spring day I spied him
lurking, as I approached I stood up on the footrests then launched a
swinging kick like a drop goal attempt, connected with the hound (type
of scottie terrierish thing) and launched him well into the sky. From
then on he still ran out into the road but after getting a visual on
me he ran back inside QT, he still volunteered to give other people on
bikes some freelance foot gnawing, strangely he didn't try to bite
cars.

The owner came to remonstrate with my mother, mother told her to
control the dog or she would report it to the police as dangerous, my
mother stood up for me at sixteen years old, wow, I never thought it
could happen seeing as in her eyes everything I ever did at that age
was wrong.
Old May 20th 12, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_3_]

[...]

Leash laws aren't enforced here and by the purposeful way they follow
streets, two blocks then left, one block then right, it's clear a lot
of dogs know the entire town.

Occasionally someone from LA will drive through and pick up a dog
thinking it's lost. I told one women looking for the pound, "We don't
have a pound. Look, that dog knew exactly where he was. All you have
to do is drop him back off where you found him and he'll be ok."

What's interesting is I've seen several dead cats but never a dead dog
in any town in The Valley. I've seen about 3 dead dogs and 3 dead
coyotes out in the farm roads or desert but that's over 15,000 miles
over 5 years.

Bret Cahill

Old May 20th 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 19 May 2012 23:38:37 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 20, 5:33*am, Bret Cahill wrote:
Yesterday I cycled by the house where a chihuahua managed to get under
my rear wheel last month. *The chihuahua was back to snapping at my
ankles as though nothing had happened.

Now that's one macho dog.

Glad to hear it, Bret.

I saw three foxes on my commute to work at 0500 this morning - they
were not as bold as your dog and scarpered pretty quickly after they
saw me coming.

Crikey - do you have to go to work at 0500 in the morning.

Most sensible people are still in bed at that time.

What sort of job do you have - did you say that you are a "manager" of
something or some people?

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own

Old May 20th 12, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On May 20, 5:33 am, Bret wrote:
Yesterday I cycled by the house where a chihuahua managed to get under
my rear wheel last month. The chihuahua was back to snapping at my
ankles as though nothing had happened.

Now that's one macho dog.

Glad to hear it, Bret.

I saw three foxes on my commute to work at 0500 this morning - they
were not as bold as your dog and scarpered pretty quickly after they
saw me coming.

Crikey - do you have to go to work at 0500 in the morning.

Most sensible people are still in bed at that time.

What sort of job do you have - did you say that you are a "manager" of
something or some people?

At 05:00 - or 'stupid o'clock' I'm tucked up in bed. It's a right
******* being self employed. Wish I had gaffers.

University
Old May 21st 12, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 20, 4:51*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

What's interesting is I've seen several dead cats but never a dead dog
in any town in The Valley. *I've seen about 3 dead dogs and 3 dead
coyotes out in the farm roads or desert but that's over 15,000 miles
over 5 years.

I have seen a couple of dead sheep out on our local chalk downs, they
seemed to have died of natural causes though, rather than any road
trauma.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 21st 12, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On May 21, 10:42*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 20, 4:51*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

What's interesting is I've seen several dead cats but never a dead dog
in any town in The Valley. *I've seen about 3 dead dogs and 3 dead
coyotes out in the farm roads or desert but that's over 15,000 miles
over 5 years.

I have seen a couple of dead sheep out on our local chalk downs, they
seemed to have died of natural causes though, rather than any road
trauma.

Probably shagged to death by the locals
Old May 21st 12, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 21 May 2012 02:47:13 -0700 (PDT), NM wrote:

On May 21, 10:42*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 20, 4:51*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

What's interesting is I've seen several dead cats but never a dead dog
in any town in The Valley. *I've seen about 3 dead dogs and 3 dead
coyotes out in the farm roads or desert but that's over 15,000 miles
over 5 years.

I have seen a couple of dead sheep out on our local chalk downs, they
seemed to have died of natural causes though, rather than any road
trauma.

Probably shagged to death by the locals

If they were plastic ones - then they were probably shagged by the plastic
sheep dog which Mr Mason keeps in his garden.

Chihuahua Gets Under Rear Wheel Bret Cahill[_2_] UK 11 April 4th 12 03:17 PM
Recovery Bill UK 17 July 2nd 09 10:30 PM
recovery Zebee Johnstone Australia 12 March 22nd 07 07:28 PM
FS:55cm Look KG361 Full Carbon bike w\Full Dura-Ace Triple, Ksyriums. oclvframe Marketplace 0 July 27th 05 02:17 PM
Recovery Rides Simonb UK 11 July 20th 04 03:34 PM