Who’s to blame

Old March 22nd 13, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

Default Who’s to blame

On 22/03/2013 08:04, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 22/03/2013 07:36, Peter Keller wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:30:46 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

You already look stupid - you ride a push bike.

I am astoundingly pleased to look stupid in the eyes of the dave.

Everyone looks stupid in the eyes of Dave.

Only cyclists - but they look stupid in everyones eyes.

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow
Old March 22nd 13, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

On 22/03/2013 08:11, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 22/03/2013 07:35, Peter Keller wrote:

Also if the bicyclist had been riding further out s/he may have seen the
van earlier and thus initiated avoiding action even before the van nosed
out of the T-junction into the bicyclist's path. Also this may have
hindered the car behind trying to overtake in a dangerous position.
I am all for riding in such a way as to try and anticipate and avoid bad
situations and accidents, no matter what the "rights' are. I am not fond
of explaining that I was in the right, from my uncomfortable position in
bed 13 of the intensive care ward.

Indeed, it is not unusual for cars to nose out of junctions a bit
further than they should.

As a general rule I find it better to hold back a bit before pulling out
as this keeps you better clear of the traffic, allows space to be given
to pedestrians and of course does not put you in the path of cyclists or
other traffic that you should give way to.

However, we should always remember that that standards of others driving
is often very poor and we need to anticipate what others may do, even if
it is wrong for them to do that. I guess that’s why cyclists tend to
make better drivers.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Cyclists make better drivers. Stop it, my sides are hurting!

Old March 22nd 13, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

On 22/03/2013 08:21, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
[...]

Once you have calmed down a bit ...

It would be interesting if there is any research on this as it certainly
seems to be the case, especially from the people I know. Looking at
those who don't cycle but drive and those who cycle and drive. I can't
think of anyone who cycles but does not drive, apart from the kids and
an old lady down the road.
Old March 22nd 13, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

On 21/03/2013 18:06, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 21/03/2013 18:03, Partac wrote:

"Simon Weissel" wrote in message ...

On 21/03/2013 17:28, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 21/03/2013 16:04, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Justin Lewis" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:08:49 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

"Simon Weissel" wrote in message

I witnessed the following incident yesterday

No you didn't.
Yes he did.

Prove it.

Bwahahahahahahaha.

When all else is lost, stamp up and down like a little spoilt child and
shout ‘prove it’, ‘you can’t prove it can you so it didn’t happen, so
there, ner-ner-na-ner-ner’ blows raspberry and sticks fingers in ears

This is so frigging funny it’s making me crack.

Well, it sure as hell beats your MO when all else is lost -
insulting/calling names.
Like when you called another poster "Dick" in the previous post.

Spoke too soon...

Hello Mentalchappie ;-)

I just thought, maybe the cyclist *was* Mentalguy2k8.

He had just finished his level 2 Bikeability but wanted to prove the
training manual (and the trainers) wrong. He thought it would be best to
ride in the gutter. But the problem was, he go taught that *he* was
wrong and now he can’t handle it.

That’s why he got so upset.
That’s why he snipped the whole post.
That’s why he said it was all a lie.

Poor little Menatalguy2k8. You need to start to listen to those with
knowledge education and experience. Take note of the manuals and observe
the Highway Code. That way you won’t be such a liability to yourself and
others.

Meanwhile, I guess that having been told, Mentalguy2k8 will be sulking
off today but I’m sure his friend ‘Partac’ will be here to stick up for him.

Happy Friday boys, I’ll catch up with you on Monday!
Old March 22nd 13, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 22/03/2013 08:53, Simon Weissel wrote:
[...]

Ha ha ha ha ha!

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old March 23rd 13, 03:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:19:23 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

On 22/03/2013 08:04, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 22/03/2013 07:36, Peter Keller wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:30:46 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

You already look stupid - you ride a push bike.

I am astoundingly pleased to look stupid in the eyes of the dave.

Everyone looks stupid in the eyes of Dave.

And that is a very great compliment isn't it?

Only cyclists - but they look stupid in everyones eyes.

Liar.
They do not look stupid in my eyes.
Old March 23rd 13, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 22/03/2013 08:53, Simon Weissel wrote:

On 22/03/2013 08:21, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
On 22/03/2013 08:11, Simon Weissel wrote:

[ ... ]

... cyclists tend to make better drivers.

ROFLMFAO!!!!
Cyclists make better drivers. Stop it, my sides are hurting!

Once you have calmed down a bit ...
It would be interesting if there is any research on this as it certainly
seems to be the case, especially from the people I know. Looking at
those who don't cycle but drive and those who cycle and drive. I can't
think of anyone who cycles but does not drive, apart from the kids and
an old lady down the road.

So you have no evidence for your (startling) proposition and you admit
that there are research results on the subject.

Fascinating.

Old March 23rd 13, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

On Mar 21, 6:54*pm, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:12:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Cyclists are second rate road users & driver ignore them as a rule.

Could you repeat that, Dave?

Hello it's Nobhead Lewis:
--
Justin *(Nobhead) van Lewis has been caught using the following names:
FrontMech

Jacqueline Lewis-Wintjens
He has denied using some - but he refuses to confirm or deny using them all
*- even when the evidence is presented to him.

Justin van Lewis is a proven liar.

So the psycholists claim that their problem with you is that you
supposedly nymshift and pollute "their" newsgroups with nonsense and
froggeries. They piously condemn you for it over and over agan, and it
is supposedly the whole basis for their ongoing dislike of you and
others.

Yet again and again they do *exactly* what they accuse you of, and
what they do is in fact often worse. How hypocritical is that? And how
can they possibly think that they have any moral high ground over the
other "side"?

Whatever one thinks of the "URC Wars", there is only one side which
behaves as though it's morally better than the other side, and self-
righteously plays the victim all the time. Yet the above shows that
they have no justification to do so. Oh, oh, but of course: they're
allowed to, because we're the aggressors for "invading their
newsgroup". Except that anyone who wishes to is perfectly entitled to
post here, regardless of their views. And *that* is what the
psycholists really dislike, not froggeries etc.

(Admittedly Clive George did tell someone he thought was Chapman to
stop nymshifting the other week. But that's the exception that proves
the rule...)
Old March 23rd 13, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

On Mar 23, 9:58*am, JNugent wrote:
On 22/03/2013 08:53, Simon Weissel wrote:

On 22/03/2013 08:21, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:
On 22/03/2013 08:11, Simon Weissel wrote:

[ ... ]

... cyclists tend to make better drivers.

ROFLMFAO!!!!
Cyclists make better drivers. *Stop it, my sides are hurting!

Once you have calmed down a bit ...
It would be interesting if there is any research on this as it certainly
seems to be the case, especially from the people I know. Looking at
those who don't cycle but drive and those who cycle and drive. I can't
think of anyone who cycles but does not drive, apart from the kids and
an old lady down the road.

So you have no evidence for your (startling) proposition and you admit
that there are research results on the subject.

Fascinating.

They asked a question, the answer to which was "confirmation bias", on
University Challenge the other day. Of course I immediately thought of
our charming opponents on URC, and "Simon Weissel" popped into my head
rather than any other name. How did I know that he was indeed going to
exhibit blatant confirmation bias just a few short days later?

This, of course, is why objective statistics are so important, as they
are not influenced by wishful thinking or dishonesty. Except that
sadly they often are, because psycholist types have become very adept
at "massaging" figures which don't say what they want (which of course
is most of the time).
Old March 23rd 13, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

news
wrote:

On 22/03/2013 08:04, Simon Weissel wrote:
On 22/03/2013 07:36, Peter Keller wrote:
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:30:46 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

You already look stupid - you ride a push bike.

I am astoundingly pleased to look stupid in the eyes of the dave.

Everyone looks stupid in the eyes of Dave.

Only cyclists - but they look stupid in everyones eyes.

Everyone's eyes? Especially the ones who can punctuate.

I met Dave once: I looked stupidity in the eyes.

That was your mirror.