XT is far crisper & efficient than LX

Old October 2nd 06, 05:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
LIBERATOR

Default XT is far crisper & efficient than LX

I got my XT deraileur due to RUSH coordinating it through their little
parasite Virginia Newbon, and although my bike isn't working right and
my chain is skipping on some gears, the deraileur is quite rapid in
changing gears compared to LX.

LX wasn't horrible but XT is amazing compared to it. I was told the
only difference between XT and XTR is weight.

Anyone know if this is true?

And why would my chain be skipping when it's a brand new chain and the
rear cog set is still good, a bike store verified it for me. Not all
gears skip, it's the smallest two gears (for going at high speeds) that
the chain skips. It really really bothers me. I did not get a new
cassette when I got the chain and deraileur. But the teeth aren't that
bad. I'm lost.

Old October 2nd 06, 11:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
RowerRanger

I know that it's not only the derailleur that can cause problems with
shifting but if I were you I'd check/replace the cables and their casing.
And dont economize on it - buy the best there are on the martket.
Old October 2nd 06, 12:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
di

"LIBERATOR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got my XT deraileur due to RUSH coordinating it through their little
parasite Virginia Newbon, and although my bike isn't working right and
my chain is skipping on some gears, the deraileur is quite rapid in
changing gears compared to LX.

LX wasn't horrible but XT is amazing compared to it. I was told the
only difference between XT and XTR is weight.

Anyone know if this is true?

And why would my chain be skipping when it's a brand new chain and the
rear cog set is still good, a bike store verified it for me. Not all
gears skip, it's the smallest two gears (for going at high speeds) that
the chain skips. It really really bothers me. I did not get a new
cassette when I got the chain and deraileur. But the teeth aren't that
bad. I'm lost.

It's those damn witches, happens all the time

Old October 2nd 06, 01:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
RowerRanger

Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:12:25 -0500, at alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush, di
wrote:

It's those damn witches, happens all the time

man, you gotta take those medications and not throw them down the toilet!
Old October 2nd 06, 01:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
Dizbin

If you've been using the same chain and rear cassette for a long time
the rear cassette will often wear with the chain and if you replace one
you'll have to replace the other.

One way round this is to buy a fairly inexpensive chain and change it on
a regular basis (every six months or so depending on how much riding you
do).

Old October 2nd 06, 01:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
RowerRanger

Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:18:33 GMT, na alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush, Dizbin
wystukał(a):

If you've been using the same chain and rear cassette for a long time
the rear cassette will often wear with the chain and if you replace one
you'll have to replace the other.

One way round this is to buy a fairly inexpensive chain and change it on
a regular basis (every six months or so depending on how much riding you
do).

What I do is ride on 1 cassette and 3 chains but all of them the same
hardness. I change them every 400-600 km and always pick the shortest one
to be next. It works perfectly.
Old October 2nd 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
di

wrote:

It's those damn witches, happens all the time

man, you gotta take those medications and not throw them down the toilet!

That "swoosh" you heard was the subject matter going right over your head.

Old October 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
Dizbin

Sounds good - will give this a go. Especially as I found this out the
hard way with an XT/XTR groupset :0(

Old October 2nd 06, 02:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush
Matt Ferrari

did ya guys catch "hanging with Neil Peart" ?

was a good one..