Best Steel Road Bike

Old August 23rd 03, 05:29 AM
jefferson

Default Best Steel Road Bike

I only drop in some times. I know Peter's opinion is valid and of course so
is everybody's. And I find a huge string of posts Best Steel Road
Bike. And it turns out to be vitriol and infighting followed by HTML 101.
Is the weather too bad to ride where y'all are?
Jefferson

Old August 23rd 03, 06:04 AM
Sorni

"jefferson" wrote in message
I only drop in some times. I know Peter's opinion is valid and of course

so
is everybody's. And I find a huge string of posts Best Steel Road
Bike. And it turns out to be vitriol and infighting followed by HTML 101.
Is the weather too bad to ride where y'all are?

So you revive a long-dead thread (without quoting anything) to
accomplish...what?

Bill "weather's fine in San Diego, thanks" S.

Old August 23rd 03, 06:35 PM

It is too hot and humid in GA.

(remove clothes to reply)
Old August 24th 03, 07:15 PM
Tom

Well fellows I started this question a long time ago. I now own a
'lightweight' steel Pergorretti Duende and a Landshark 'sport touring' and
love them both. Appreciate all the good comments I got.

Tom

Old August 25th 03, 08:39 AM
Predrag Jovanovic

"Tom" wrote in message
I now own a
'lightweight' steel Pergorretti Duende and a Landshark 'sport touring'

and
love them both.

Will you be so kind to share your experience with Duende?
I am considering buying Pegoretti and will appreciate any thought on this
matter.
Thanks,

Predrag

Old August 25th 03, 02:23 PM
Tom

I have the prototype frame that was made for show at Las Vegas, NV a few
years ago and the entire bike with Campy Chorus is 17lbs. I understand
'some' slight modifications were made in the 'production' model but I am not
sure of that.

I had a carbon fiber bike before and it was really vibrating my hands,
wrists, and elbows. With the 'steel' ride I no longer have that problem.
I've always had Shimano products on other bikes; and, find that I love the
Campy STI setup.

Its very quick and I'm still getting used to bringing it down the mountains
as my other bike was heavier and a little more sluggish.

I get lots of compliments and am very pleased with it.

Tom

Old August 26th 03, 02:15 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Tom- I have the prototype frame that was made for show at Las Vegas, NV a
few
years ago and the entire bike with Campy Chorus is 17lbs. I understand
'some' slight modifications were made in the 'production' model but I am not
sure of that. BRBR

We have a Nobilette on our floor with Record that weighs 16.5 pounds-steel, of
course.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 26th 03, 02:44 PM
Tom Nakashima

Amazing Peter,
Is the Nobilette lugged?
-tom

Old August 27th 03, 05:34 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

The "best bike" of any material is the one that fits you, your riding
style and type of riding you do best. Simple.

May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!
Chris

Chris'Z Corner
"The Website for the Common Bicyclist":
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old August 27th 03, 05:35 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Not as hot or as humid in Chester, SC, as in GA. Getting a little more
rain than usual, though.