Intense 24x3 vs duro

Old October 5th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Default Intense 24x3 vs duro

Well I just switched my MUni tires from the standard Duro 24x3, for the
Intense 24x3. While they are *somehwat* similar, i find that the
Intense seems to have a moe agreesive tread, especially the huge
knobbies on the sides.

It's also a tad more square, resmebling that of the gazz. So it seems a
perfect mix of Duro with the gazz! I'll be rideing later so I guess
I'll find out first hand soon enough!

PS: Not a bad deal for only $5!

|Filename: DSC01595.JPG |

MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 5th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

MuniAddict wrote:
Not a bad deal for only $5!

Blimey! Send a few over to the UK!

--
Into the blue

\"alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! you see this? this... is
my boom stick!\"
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Yeah, where did you get it for $5, I'll buy a pair of them if I can get
them at that price.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Borgschulze wrote:
Yeah, where did you get it for $5, I'll buy a pair of them if I can get
them at that price.

I actually bought it from ride-this.com. I originally called them to
order the Arrow wide bite, but they were out of stock, so he offered to
sell me a *used* Intense 24x3 for $5. He said there was about 90% tread
still remaining, so I jumped on it!.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear, it was just a used tire he had lying
around. I don't know if they have any more, so it might not hurt to
call or email them and ask.

Old October 6th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Aw man... E-Mailing now.

Old October 6th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gerblefranklin

I've ridden that exact tire on my muni for over 3 years now. It's almost
completely bald in places, but is generally a solid tire. I always
found it more similar to the gazz than a duro (which I ride on my
west-coast muni), however I've been consistenyl disappointed by its
skinny handling qualities. In contrast to the Gazz, the Intense just
always felt wobbly and unstable on round skinnies.

That said, there's a reason i still ride that tire, which is that it's
served me well. note, however, it is easy to rip entire chunks of
knobbies, if not whole knobbies at once off the tire. It is not a tire
for asphalt.

I can't find that tire anymore. I bought it 4 years ago at a local DH
bike shop (which has since gone out of business), and have been unable
to source a new one since.

--
gerblefranklin

(Shut up and ride)

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

gerblefranklin wrote:

That said, there's a reason i still ride that tire, which is that it's
served me well. note, however, it is easy to rip entire chunks of
knobbies, if not whole knobbies at once off the tire. It is not a tire
for asphalt.

Have you ripped knobbies off the tire from unicycling?

I've seen Gazz and Intense tires with ripped off knobbies when used for
aggressive DH biking. Haven't heard of that problem with unicycling.

I got a good deal on a used 24x3 Gazz that was used a few times for DH
biking and has a few nearly ripped off knobbies. For unicycling use a
few nearly ripped off knobbies isn't a big deal.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 6th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oddsends

john_childs wrote:
Have you ripped knobbies off the tire from unicycling?

I've seen Gazz and Intense tires with ripped off knobbies when used for
aggressive DH biking. Haven't heard of that problem with unicycling.

On my duro I have a section where I nearly ripped off 2-3 adjacent
knobbies from one awkward landing, they're only hanging on with less
than 1/2 the rubber they used to. This landing also caused the bead on
my duro to unseat to the point where the bead was visible for 4-5
inches at one spot.

--
oddsends
http://www.usenet.com

Most Intense Ride EVER m_extreme_uni Unicycling 18 November 20th 06 11:37 PM
Intense 5.5 Slack Mountain Biking 5 May 8th 06 11:44 PM
Kenda 24x2.6 vs. Duro Leopard 24x3.0 dudewithasock Unicycling 21 March 1st 06 10:47 PM
tube for duro 24x3 terrybigwheel Unicycling 15 February 5th 06 12:16 AM
Blur LT vs Intense 5.5 EVP? Bob Flumere Mountain Biking 10 September 12th 05 01:09 AM