Seat position

Old November 18th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Default Seat position

I was wondering how most of you position your seat. I have seen some
with the seat relatively flat and some of you ride with front of the
seat raised up. What position are most of you MUni riders using?
Why/benefits? Looking forward to hearing from you trial guys too.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

I cant find out how to adjust my angle..

--
NKahler

puresyn wrote:
Dude, unislab, I'm kinda broke cause I just bought a Swedish wiener
stretcher.

skrobo wrote:
it

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

It all depends upon what kind of saddle you have.

With the old KH Muni saddles and the Street/Trials saddle you can't
play with the angle. It is determined by the seatpost that has only one
setting.

With the new KH Fusion Freeride 2007 Muni seat I like to have the nose
or front much higher than the rear. This keeps the handle up higher
Allowing more comfort when hopping and also keeping the saddle between
your legs.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

both are comfortable
i have been riding gb4's (raised in front) for a year and a half and
prefer it to flat. though i dont mind flat, i find raised more
comfortable

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

I have like 5 washers under the front bolts on my seat.

The more I tilt it back, the more comfortable it is for me.

Ideally, I would have a more flat seat, but I don't feel like buying a
new seat.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Doug

Tilting the seat up forces your weight to be on the wider rear portion
of the seat. The load is on your anatomy more in the rear that way.

A rail adaptor and matching seatpost are definitely the way to go.
You'll be able to try different positions. I weld up my own adaptors.
Whenever I get on another unicycle without the seat tilted up its a
struggle to ride.

Get set up with a rail adaptor and write back.

--
Doug

Ride like you stole it!
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 18th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

I got a rail adapter on the uni I just bought. THat is why I am asking.
I am used to just ridding miles and now i want to try light xc with
controlled hopping over things. I was just wondering what the general
train of thought was and why before I start trying seat positions.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com

Seat out of position Sprida Unicycling 2 May 19th 07 01:33 PM
horizontal seat position mtb Dad Techniques 13 January 23rd 07 07:40 PM
Slight knee pain/cleat position/seat position. Claes Australia 22 December 13th 05 11:25 PM
My thoughts on seat position, crank length, and cleat position [email protected] Techniques 22 November 16th 05 02:35 PM
seat position mfrobert Unicycling 3 January 8th 05 08:33 AM