White flag from the URC psycholists

Old March 28th 13, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
M Wicks

Default White flag from the URC psycholists

Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

The only regular psycholists from yesteryear seem to be Squashme and
Phil Lee. (If the likes of Clive George, Ian Smith and Rob Morley
still post here at all, it's not enough to make any real difference.)
Simon Weissel and Justin Lewis are the only "new" psycholists who seem
to post much. All four of them don't even post that regularly,
carefully cherrypicking threads and subthreads where they think they
might have a chance of some kind of bluffed, pretended victory, which
as we know is the best they can usually hope for.

I'm not sure what has changed relatively recently which has caused
this latest psycholist exodus, but it would seem to me that the
psycholist army on URC is now so weak that they might as well be
surrendering. Whether the psycholists who have left are planning a
return where they "take URC back" (like Mason did so well) remains to
be seen. I wouldn't think they'd be that stupid, but you never know
with them. Maybe they're hoping that if they go away for a while then
we'll all get bored and stop posting. So let's make sure that doesn't
happen!

(Oh, how could I forget? Peter Keller still posts here as well...)
Old March 28th 13, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weissel

On 28/03/2013 16:30, M Wicks wrote:
Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

They have all hopped over to the other side where the weirdos, stalkers
and trolls are not allowed to post. Well, not very much anyway.

I'm not sure what has changed relatively recently which has caused
this latest psycholist exodus, but it would seem to me that the
psycholist army on URC is now so weak that they might as well be
surrendering.

It's not a war. If you stopped treating it as such it might be more fun
for you.
Old March 28th 13, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Simon Weissel" wrote in message ...

On 28/03/2013 16:30, M Wicks wrote:
Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

They have all hopped over to the other side where the weirdos, stalkers
and trolls are not allowed to post. Well, not very much anyway.

Yes, but remember by rote UKRM is crammed full of psycholists.
Jesus Christ, it'd be difficult to imagine anything worse than that.
Old March 28th 13, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"M Wicks" wrote in message
Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

Nail, hit, head. They've run off completely or to the protection of URCM
simply because they can't deal with any kind of counter-argument to their
opinions and to where their anti-motorist agenda doesn't get torn apart by
humour, simple logic and, as you say, Inconvenient Truths.

The only regular psycholists from yesteryear seem to be Squashme and
Phil Lee.

Along with the abusive and emotionally fragile WeaselStalker and the
illiterate dunce Justin.

(Oh, how could I forget? Peter Keller still posts here as well...)

Peter is OK. Apart from the odd bit of ribbing, I respect his opinion
because he isn't anti-motorist and he isn't afraid to concede that cyclists
are sometimes to blame. In other words, he's more honest than all the
psycholists put together. He obviously enjoys his biking and doesn't hate
cars so there's no problem, good luck to him.

Old March 28th 13, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 28/03/2013 16:30, M Wicks wrote:
Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

They couldn't take the heat - they left the kitchen. None of them had
the intellect to win an argument.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old March 29th 13, 02:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:30:53 -0700, M Wicks wrote:

(Oh, how could I forget? Peter Keller still posts here as well...)

Yep.

Old March 29th 13, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:30:53 -0700 (PDT), M Wicks wrote:

snip

(Oh, how could I forget? Peter Keller still posts here as well...)

But he doesn't post about cycles at all.

Old March 30th 13, 04:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:08:23 +0000, Judith wrote:

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:30:53 -0700 (PDT), M Wicks
wrote:

snip

(Oh, how could I forget? Peter Keller still posts here as well...)

But he doesn't post about cycles at all.

Correct. I post about bicycles.
Old April 2nd 13, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Partac" wrote in message

"Simon Weissel" wrote in message ...
On 28/03/2013 16:30, M Wicks wrote:
Until pretty recently, despite claims otherwise, there were still a
fair number of psycholists on this newsgroup from the "old days". But
suddenly, looking round, the vast majority of them seem to have
finally had enough of the Inonvenient Truths being posted round here
and run off, some to URCM, and some more-or-less altogether.

They have all hopped over to the other side where the weirdos, stalkers
and trolls are not allowed to post. Well, not very much anyway.

Yes, but remember by rote UKRM is crammed full of psycholists.
Jesus Christ, it'd be difficult to imagine anything worse than that.

Can you imagine being in the same room as them? The smell would be
unbearable.

Fending off the psycholists again. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 42 May 19th 12 11:46 AM
Fending off the psycholists. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 9 April 11th 12 06:30 AM
Psycholists of the future! Derek C UK 13 October 28th 10 11:24 PM
FA:NIB White Selle San Marco REGAL saddle, no-slip USA flag Gemma_k Marketplace 0 July 27th 05 04:28 AM
Levi waves white flag. Callistus Valerius Racing 2 January 16th 05 09:28 PM