Pedestrian robs fallen cyclist

Old November 2nd 13, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

Default Pedestrian robs fallen cyclist

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:24:13 -0000, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 14:26:23 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

--
What do you call kinky sex with chocolate?
S&M&M
Old November 2nd 13, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:00:48 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
. ..
=====Quote=====
Police have arrested a woman after a cyclist was robbed when he fell
off his bicycle.

The 52-year-old was arrested yesterday, Thursday, 31 October, on
suspicion of theft. She is in custody at a south London police
station.

At approximately 02:15hrs on Tuesday, 29 October the 28-year-old
victim fell from his bicycle on Nigel Road, junction with Rye Lane,
SE15.

While lying unconscious, an unknown number of suspects stole his
iPhone, wallet and cigarettes.

The victim was taken by London Ambulance Service to a south London
hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

Anyone who witnessed the robbery is asked to contact officers in
Southwark via 101.
=====/Quote=====

What a lovely place to live.

The home of Del boy, Rodney and Uncle Albert.

******** it is, ******** it always was and ******** it always will be.

Old November 2nd 13, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

[...]

I understood that they were fictional characters.

Who lives there (or nearby) in real life?
Old November 2nd 13, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.
Old November 2nd 13, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.

I stopped on 26 December 1999.

I expect to smoke again.
Old November 2nd 13, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.

Very funny.

--
Yesterday scientists in the USA revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones.
To prove their theory they fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them started talking nonsense and couldn't drive.
Old November 2nd 13, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.

The only person I know to have stopped did it for financial reasons.

Old November 2nd 13, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Wikipedia list few famous people who live or lived in Peckham, but a
great many more nearby in Southwark, including:
Michael Faraday
Michael Caine
Charlie Chaplin
Emma Thompson
Charles Babbage (great grandfather of the computer)
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Marc Isambard Brunel
Zoe Williams
Enid Blyton
Charles Dickens
Bobby Abel
Rio Ferdinand
Duncan Goodhew

But I don't suppose that was why you were asking the question. Perhaps
you were thinking that I live in a neighbouring London Borough to
Southwark. I don't. The straight line distance from where I live to
where the robbery took place is 4 miles, and I wouldn't be surprised
is 5% of the UK population live closer to Peckham than I do.
Old November 2nd 13, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.

Very funny.

If cremated, smoking is the last thing many people do.
Old November 3rd 13, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

I am more curious that the victim had a packet of fags.

Why? They're not illegal.

I know few people who smoke, and even fewer cyclists who smoke.

You may be right about the cyclists, but I can think of about twenty
people I know that smoke, and only one person who gave up smoking.

All smokers stop smoking eventually.

"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've
done it thousands of times."
Origin uncertain, said to be Mark Twain but possibly from WC Fields.

cyclist robs OAP Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 11 June 23rd 13 06:21 PM
yet another pedestrian hit by a speeding cyclist Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 41 December 6th 10 10:33 PM
another pedestrian injured by a cyclist Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 14 August 27th 10 01:22 AM
pedestrian hit by cyclist Ian Smith UK 6 April 18th 05 03:06 PM
Cyclist & Pedestrian Tony Raven UK 22 July 24th 04 08:38 PM