Am I blowing things out of proportion... or this is Bike Hell?

Old November 15th 09, 04:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Am I blowing things out of proportion... or this is Bike Hell?

Picture this: Beautiful cool Sunday morning to ride a bike to explore
nature, people and places... and the minute I ride on the road, I'm
automatically subjected to the Law of the Jungle...

ISN'T IT AN ACT OF SAVAGERY/TORTURE THAT IN A PERFECTLY CHRISTIAN
WORLD we are denied such simple pleasures?

So the climate keeps changing, and I'm in the cage!

And the Christians? They must be in church and then they go shopping.

I'm telling you the monkey must somehow be liberated from the tyranny
of the sheep and their god.

WHO DO YOU BLAME?

__ God

__ the Devil

__ the Sheep

__ all of the above

"Don't judge human nature by the sheep. The monkey makes more sense,
and can't be held in the cage forever!"

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old November 15th 09, 08:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 15, 2:37*pm, Jobst Brandt wrote:
WHO DO YOU BLAME?

or "For WHO the bell tolls!" as Ernest would say.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls

Jobst Brandt

I'm mad and paying no attention to grammar.

Old November 16th 09, 05:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

"Jobst Brandt" wrote: "For WHO the bell tolls!" as Ernest would say.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
One of my pet peeves is the failure to use the subjunctive. But a bigger
peeve is the assertion that this is a Christian world.

Old November 16th 09, 09:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 16, 12:18*am, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"Jobst Brandt" wrote: *"For WHO the bell tolls!" as Ernest would say.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
One of my pet peeves is the failure to use the subjunctive. *But a bigger
peeve is the assertion that this is a Christian world.

I think it was Christian in the past tense, like back 1,000 years ago.

Now we worship money.
Old November 16th 09, 02:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill

"One of my pet peeves is the failure to use the subjunctive."

One of MY pet peeves is people who don't know the difference between
the subjunctive and the dative cases.
Old November 16th 09, 04:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

One of MY pet peeves is not quoting pertinent (or any) text nor attributing
same.

-- Anonymous

Old November 16th 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Paul O

Bill Sornson wrote, On 11/16/2009 11:35 AM:
One of MY pet peeves is not quoting pertinent (or any) text nor attributing
same.

-- Anonymous

One of my pet peeves is quoting anonymous sources....

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old November 16th 09, 04:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Paul O wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote, On 11/16/2009 11:35 AM:

One of MY pet peeves is not quoting pertinent (or any) text nor
attributing same.

-- Anonymous

One of my pet peeves is quoting anonymous sources....

Signing something "anonymous" (as a joke, no less) is not quoting an
anonymous source. (Note the lack of quotation marks surrounding the
statement.)

HTH

Old November 16th 09, 04:50 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Paul O

Bill Sornson wrote, On 11/16/2009 11:44 AM:
Paul O wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote, On 11/16/2009 11:35 AM:

One of MY pet peeves is not quoting pertinent (or any) text nor
attributing same.

-- Anonymous

One of my pet peeves is quoting anonymous sources....

Signing something "anonymous" (as a joke, no less) is not quoting an
anonymous source. (Note the lack of quotation marks surrounding the
statement.)

HTH

Bill,
I knew that your post was meant as a joke - I was just joining in on the
fun.

One of my pet peeves is people who take these news groups too seriously...

;-)

Old November 16th 09, 05:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Paul O wrote:

One of my pet peeves is people who take these news groups too
seriously...

TAKE THAT BACK!!!