Arrogant, abusive and oh-so smug .

Old December 3rd 12, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Arrogant, abusive and oh-so smug .

"Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something hurtling towards me and sprang
backwards just in time. A cyclist had jumped the red light and almost
knocked me down as he sped across the junction

Furious, I shouted after him that he had jumped the lights. To my
astonishment, he stopped and, looking back over his shoulder, shouted abuse
at me for having dared try to interrupt his progress by crossing the road."

"One journalist wrote recently that after criticising cyclists for their
behaviour, she received death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse.
It's high time such cyclo-fascists were brought down off their towering
saddles and made to observe the the same laws and social conventions as the
rest of us. Inspiring sportsmen they may be; demi-gods behind handlebars
they are not."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...think-law.html

Old December 3rd 12, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 03/12/2012 08:32, Mrcheerful wrote:
"Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something hurtling towards me and sprang
backwards just in time. A cyclist had jumped the red light and almost
knocked me down as he sped across the junction

Furious, I shouted after him that he had jumped the lights. To my
astonishment, he stopped and, looking back over his shoulder, shouted abuse
at me for having dared try to interrupt his progress by crossing the road."

"One journalist wrote recently that after criticising cyclists for their
behaviour, she received death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse.
It's high time such cyclo-fascists were brought down off their towering
saddles and made to observe the the same laws and social conventions as the
rest of us. Inspiring sportsmen they may be; demi-gods behind handlebars
they are not."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...think-law.html

Oh I like it. "cyclo-fascists".

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old December 3rd 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On Dec 3, 9:32*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
"Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something hurtling towards me and sprang
backwards just in time. A cyclist had jumped the red light and almost
knocked me down as he sped across the junction

Furious, I shouted after him that he had jumped the lights. To my
astonishment, he stopped and, looking back over his shoulder, shouted abuse
at me for having dared try to interrupt his progress by crossing the road.."

"One journalist wrote recently that after criticising cyclists for their
behaviour, she received death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse.
It's high time such cyclo-fascists were brought down off their towering
saddles and made to observe the the same laws and social conventions as the
rest of us. Inspiring sportsmen they may be; demi-gods behind handlebars
they are not."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ant-abusive-oh...

Superb action, Mr Cyclist
Old December 3rd 12, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 03/12/2012 10:41, Justin wrote:
[...]

So you support death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse?

But you said;

"Your descent into personal abuse is your way of admitting that you are
bereft of all intellectual capacity".

Justin Lewis 3rd June 2012 1:26pm

Thus confirming that all cyclists are bereft of all intellectual
capacity. We knew that.
Old December 3rd 12, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin Lewis[_3_]

On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:20:44 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

[...]

Are you saying that the cyclist described in the report issued the
death threats? There is nothing in the piece to support that.
Old December 3rd 12, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ogant-abusive-

oh...

Superb action, Mr Cyclist

So you support death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse?

But you said;

"Your descent into personal abuse is your way of admitting that you are
bereft of all intellectual capacity".

Justin Lewis 3rd June 2012 1:26pm

Thus confirming that all cyclists are bereft of all intellectual
capacity. We knew that.

It does not confirm that *all* bicyclists are bereft of all intellectual
capacity.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old December 4th 12, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

[...]

No. Comprehension problems again Justipoo's?

Do you support death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse?

Old December 4th 12, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin Lewis[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

What is the reason for this qustion?

Are you referreing to all vile insults and all obscene abuse or a
particular instance?

Are vile insults separate from obscene abuse or are you asking me if I
"support" vile insults and obscene abuse as a combination?

What do you mean by support? Do you mean "approve of", or do you mean
taking active steps to further the execution of a particular activity?
Old December 5th 12, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

wrote:

[...]

What is the reason for your question?
xxx

Old December 5th 12, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:49:39 +0100, Justin Lewis
wrote:

snip

Do you support death threats, vile insults and obscene abuse?

What is the reason for this qustion?

Hello Justipoo's

What is this combination of letters: "qustion"?

Is it perhaps a word in your native language? - as it certainly isn't one in
English.

You really are good value you know.

Arrogant cyclists Mr Benn[_4_] UK 13 March 1st 12 09:31 AM
Abusive driver Ekul Namsob UK 17 March 13th 08 04:55 PM
That's my smug moment for the year. wafflycat UK 22 March 19th 07 01:01 PM
Arrogant and clueless Bill C Racing 11 December 4th 06 08:30 AM
Smug archierob UK 4 September 13th 05 01:40 PM