Beginner... Golden Gate Bridge

Old July 2nd 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Beginner... Golden Gate Bridge

I'm going to be in San Francisco and will be riding over the Golden Gate
Bridge. I plan to rent a bike at Blazing Saddles. Any suggestions/good
advice/etc about riding over the bridge itself and then continuing on past
the bridge and coming back to San Francisco via the ferry?

I ride quite a bit in the DC Area but I'm unsure as to what to expect in
San Francisco.

Mike
Old July 2nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

M. Hale wrote:
I'm going to be in San Francisco and will be riding over the Golden Gate
Bridge. I plan to rent a bike at Blazing Saddles. Any suggestions/good
advice/etc about riding over the bridge itself and then continuing on past
the bridge and coming back to San Francisco via the ferry?

I ride quite a bit in the DC Area but I'm unsure as to what to expect in
San Francisco.

Mike

Cold, fog and wind. Bring a jacket at the very least. The kids in shorts
and flimsy t-shirts never look too happy when they get to other side of
the GGB.

http://karstensrage.blogspot.com/
Rants and raves about pretty much anything I happen to be thinking about
Old July 4th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Karstens Rage wrote:
Cold, fog and wind. Bring a jacket at the very least. The kids in shorts
and flimsy t-shirts never look too happy when they get to other side of
the GGB.

i have to second that. Bay Area is known for its micro-climates - and
hence the weather changes are pretty rapid. you may want to post to a
more specific group: ba.bicycles if more info is needed...

north of Golden Gate there are lots of nice places to ride - check out
the online bike maps at http://www.marinbike.org/Map/Index.shtml

+ravi
Old July 4th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

I like to walk across the bridge, and then take the ferry back. You could
bike to Tiberon (sp), on a path and take the ferry from there. Bring a
sweater.

Tom

Old July 11th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
John Michaels

M. Hale wrote:
I'm going to be in San Francisco and will be riding over the Golden Gate
Bridge. I plan to rent a bike at Blazing Saddles. Any suggestions/good
advice/etc about riding over the bridge itself and then continuing on past
the bridge and coming back to San Francisco via the ferry?

I ride quite a bit in the DC Area but I'm unsure as to what to expect in
San Francisco.

Mike

Expect wind and cold as mentioned. The tower are mini wind tunnels. I
would take the towers slowly as there is limited visibility and they are
slick.

Route for San Jose - Golden Gate Bridge (SF) Brad Ford Rides 5 May 10th 06 10:23 PM
Liverpool to Parbold charlie UK 6 April 30th 06 08:25 PM
Melb-GardinersCk-SolwaySt Pedestrian Bridge Closure flyingdutch Australia 2 April 12th 06 12:23 PM
Highgate Bridge Colin Blackburn UK 14 July 15th 04 08:43 PM
Richmond Park - Cops campaign v speeding cyclists ! Tim Henderson UK 78 July 2nd 04 03:25 PM