Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

Old September 26th 05, 01:00 AM
skip

Default Ed Dolan's Fifth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR!

Ed always said his leaving the newsgroup would be a really big deal so I'm
thinking "Ed Dolan's One Hundredth and Final Farewell to Freaking ARBR"
might be it. I don't think he can stand to be out done by Cletus Lee in
final farewells.

Old September 26th 05, 01:24 AM
Jeff Grippe

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey gang -

wrote, simply, but still apparently confusing one
simpleminded reader:

Bye.

Should that have been: 'Bye, NGET[1]; hello again,
nget'? How odd that as the NGET is at long, long
last leaving us (perhaps!), nget has gnow suddenly
become much more prolific than he/she/it/they
has/have been in months.

It isn't that I was going for minimalism. Since my interaction with Ed have
often complained about his general intolerance of others and his nastiness,
I did not feel that a condescending remark was in order. He has already
provoked more of those out of me then I would cared to have been associated
with (my target being zero!).

He says he is leaving and that is fine. "Bye" was merely a polite parting (I
hope) salutation.

Jeff

Old September 26th 05, 03:20 AM
nget

skip Wrote:
Ed always said his leaving the newsgroup would be a really big deal so
I'm
thinking "Ed Dolan's One Hundredth and Final Farewell to Freaking
ARBR"
might be it. I don't think he can stand to be out done by Cletus Lee
in
final farewells.

My first read on ARBR I decided Perry Butler was right to hate Ed until
I read something that Ed wrote.That is when I started to laugh.Now we
have a gang of Ed Dolan Haters with Wayne the Poopy Poet as their
leader.Glad to see your post Skip I always enjoy reading what you have
to say.

--
nget

Old September 26th 05, 05:15 AM
Slugger

In article , nget
wrote:

LoGo USA Wrote:
Hey gang -

wrote, simply, but still apparently confusing one
simpleminded reader:

Bye.

Regards,
Wayne The Poopy Poet
Now just who is in your gang Wayne,I mean besides up yer bum bum

slugger?
Jeff just said bye.He never provided any text for that word.When

someone
says bye I would think they are leaving.If you are wondering

why I am not
responding to the rest of your post,it is because you

really didn't say
anything that is of any interest.

--
nget

HAh, we's in a gang!
No seriously why be so literal? Do you need it spelled out for you?
Good Bye usually means just that..Oh I guess then he did spell it out
for you. Read it again..maybe you'll get it the second time.
Old September 26th 05, 06:08 AM
nget

Slugger Wrote:
In article , nget
wrote:

LoGo USA Wrote:
[...]

All Jeff said was bye.I thought he too was fed up with the Idiots and
morons that post on ARBR.The proof is that you and Wayne are still
here.

--
nget

Old September 26th 05, 11:22 AM
Jeff Grippe

Default Speaking of stopping the trike...

"Mike Rice" wrote in message

You're aim must be improving, is this from practice or have you just
realized it is more accurate to stop the trike before firing?

Sorry to return to something on topic but I flipped me Tricruiser for the
second time this weekend. I got a much nastier road rash than I did the
first time. The good news is that it happened in my driveway so I didn't
have to ride home.

I love the Tricruiser but I had gotten used to riding something much lower
that just doesn't flip as easily. The Tricruiser is very high off the ground
and doesn't corner well at high speed. It is great for short trips, however,
and can haul a fair amount of stuff. Just watch those corners.

Jeff

Old September 26th 05, 03:41 PM
nget

Jeff Grippe Wrote:
"Mike Rice" wrote in message

[...]

I rolled my trike once Jeff.Lucky for me I fell onto sand and the rear
basket took the hit .
You had better stay on topic or some nasty trike huckster may write you
up in one of his filthy poems.

--
nget

Old September 26th 05, 06:25 PM
Jeff Grippe

"nget" wrote in message

You had better stay on topic or some nasty trike huckster may write you
up in one of his filthy poems.

i'd be honored. I think I've made honorable mention in some of Wayne's poems
but they weren't about me. They were about Ed. I don't need someone to sing
my praises and since I don't go around insulting the world there probably
isn't much to write about but I can't say I'd mind the attention.

Jeff

Old September 26th 05, 08:05 PM
TomT

Geez, I come back after a couple years and Ed is still in the process
of leaving? Too bad; he's funny once you understand that he's so over
the top that he could not be serious. So, you laugh with him. If he
_is_ really serious, then you laugh _at_him. Either way, it's a
giggle.

Anyone who can create a persona and maintain it for so long and so
consistently has to be reasonably intelligent.

Tom Thompson

Old September 26th 05, 08:56 PM
LoGo USA

nget gnotified the gnewsgroup:

I rolled my trike once... the rear basket took the hit.
[spacing and punctuation ed-ited]

How ed-ifying. But I suspect the group might appreciate
it if we could ed-uce a bit more detail. Was that basket
mounted on the TT3.6 or the new-old Windcheetah? Or is
there another trike in nget's stable (one fewer than
you-know-who's)? How did his wife react to the incident?
Where did the flip occur - about 200 miles SW of Ed-ina
and Ed-en Prairie, maybe?

You had better stay on topic or some nasty trike
huckster may write you up...

Whoa! Is nget ngetting ed-gy?

Regards,
Wayne