Giro-d'Italia stage 3 summary

Old May 8th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Giro-d'Italia stage 3 summary

Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2

Biggest gainers by position :
+80 Yannick Talabardon
+80 Vladimir Efimkin
+78 Scott Davis
+78 Marc De Maar
+73 Mikel Pradera Rodriguez
+73 Addy Engels
+72 Ivan Mayoz
+69 Giampaolo Caruso
+62 Grégory Rast
+62 Christian Knees

Biggest losers by position :
-163 Alessandro Petacchi
-138 Laurent Lefevre
-132 Carlos Sastre Candil
-109 Inigo Cuesta Lopez De Castro
-99 Ronny Scholz
-92 Charles Wegelius
-88 David Lopez Garcia
-86 Elia Rigotto
-86 Yoann Le Boulanger
-80 Stef Clement
-79 Marc Wauters

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:13 Stefan Schumacher
+0:03 José Luis Rubiera Vigil

Biggest losers by time :
-14:45 Alberto Ongarato
-14:45 Alessandro Petacchi
-14:45 Elia Rigotto
-14:45 Mirco Lorenzetto
-8:07 Carl Naibo
-7:26 Amael Moinard
-7:20 Markel Irizar Aranburu
-6:41 Raffaele Illiano
-4:29 Alessandro Spezialetti
-4:29 Axel Maximiliano Richeze
-4:29 Charles Wegelius

Favourites by position :
+15 Andrea Noe'
+6 Davide Rebellin
+6 Dario David Cioni
-1 Paolo Savoldelli
-1 Damiano Cunego
-2 Ivan Basso
-3 Danilo Di Luca
-20 Jan Ullrich
-20 Gilberto Simoni
-132 Carlos Sastre Candil

Favourites by time :
-0:05 Davide Rebellin
-0:13 Paolo Savoldelli
-0:16 Dario David Cioni
-0:20 Ivan Basso
-0:20 Danilo Di Luca
-0:20 Damiano Cunego
-0:20 Andrea Noe'
-0:36 Gilberto Simoni
-1:02 Jan Ullrich
-2:49 Carlos Sastre Candil

Favourites standings :
2 Paolo Savoldelli 0.13
3 Davide Rebellin 0.23
13 Danilo Di Luca 0.39
16 Ivan Basso 0.43
17 Damiano Cunego 0.45
18 Dario David Cioni 0.46
30 Andrea Noe' 0.59
37 Gilberto Simoni 1.02
98 Jan Ullrich 1.51
151 Carlos Sastre Candil 3.16

Retirements to date :
Total retirements : 0

Old May 9th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article ,
says...

Favourites standings :

13 Danilo Di Luca 0.39

He's gonna win this thing.

-Bob

Old May 9th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Martin wrote:

Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2

Favourites standings :
98 Jan Ullrich 1.51

Urrrh? favourite?
Old May 9th 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Martin wrote:
Changes in stage 3 compared to stage 2
Favourites standings :
98 Jan Ullrich 1.51

Bounty Bob wrote:
Urrrh? favourite?

Favourite to DNF ?

Old May 9th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 09 May 2006 02:04:50 GMT, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

DiLuca and Savoldelli both have a problem with really steep hills that
Cunego doesn't. And that Rujano character will pull Cunego out of reach of
those two.

Not that I'm really paying attention, but didn't Rujano have problems
redoing his contract and he is a June 1 transfer? Maybe there was a
last minute development - I haven't been reading cyclingnews as
religiously as I should since the home network got taken apart faster
than I have put it back together.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 9th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Tom Kunich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LSS7g.336
****, I didn't mention Basso because I can't figure him out. I don't
believe that anyone can win both races in the same year (despite Pantani)
anymore so I can't figure out if he will try or not. I believe that he's
using the Giro to train up to the Tour. If he's in a good spot I think
that he'll give the Giro an honest try but I don't think he's going to
threaten his Tour by riding too hard in the Giro.

a big fuss was made of
a) Basso promising his mother (at her deathbed) to bring home the Giro win
b) Riis straightening out Basso for his delusional planning (Riis is on
record calling the double "clearly impossible", an that was 2005).

Clearly Basso has presented Riis with an ultimatum - let me go for the Giro,
I'll give it my best shot at the Tour afterwards - or I'm moving on to Saiz
or Discovery.

Riis is playing along after all since Basso 2007 (at the latest) is his best
bet for CSC Tour glory.

you're welcome,
Alexander

Old May 9th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Old May 10th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 9 May 2006 22:36:49 +0000 (UTC), Booker C. Bense
c.stanford.edu
wrote:

_ Sella Italia now and Quickstep on June 1st. From what I read it
doesn't sound too tramatic, just moving from the minors to the
majors so to speak. Sella Italia would be bonkers not to ride
as hard a possible for him, regardless of what he does next
month. Since Quickstep doesn't really have a GC contender, maybe
they might help him as well...

I finally checked the results and Rujano is riding, which was really
my question - earlier reports was that he was sitting out until June
1. Given that he IS riding and one of the reasons Selle Italia is in,
I doubt it would be taken well for him to be riding for Cunego and any
support would have to be very surreptitious. Then, again, when you're
short, maybe you can be surreptitious even on a bike in front of a
crowd...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Robbie wins Giro d'Italia Stage Two sprint cfsmtb Australia 14 May 10th 06 12:52 AM
Cottur Passes on Davey Crockett Racing 2 March 9th 06 04:57 AM
The Graciousness Of A Champion hold my beer and watch this... Racing 41 September 4th 03 08:14 PM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM