Cantilever stud standards?

Old August 6th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kendall

Default Cantilever stud standards?

I am changing my cyclocross fork (new Alpha Q fork) and to my surprise, I
find the brakes I want to transfer to the new fork don't slip on the
cantilever studs (posts). Did the standard diameter of these posts changes
recently. The fit may be close enough to drill or ream out the bushing on
the brakes but could I also get different studs to screw in this fork? I do
know the lengths and threads are quite variable on canti studs but I thought
the diameter was standard? What are the common diameters anyway?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Old August 6th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick Payne

Are you sure there's not a protective sleeve over the canti post that needs
to be removed before installing the brakes...I've come across that on some
forks/frames with cantilever posts.

. ..

Old August 6th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 23:27:22 -0400, "Kendall"
wrote:

I am changing my cyclocross fork (new Alpha Q fork) and to my surprise, I
find the brakes I want to transfer to the new fork don't slip on the
cantilever studs (posts). Did the standard diameter of these posts changes
recently. The fit may be close enough to drill or ream out the bushing on
the brakes but could I also get different studs to screw in this fork? I do
know the lengths and threads are quite variable on canti studs but I thought
the diameter was standard? What are the common diameters anyway?

There's only one diameter, but many ship with a thin protective sleeve
on them, and I've had a couple that arrived with a burr on the end of
the shoulder which had to be dressed off before the brake arm could be
slipped on.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Bike helmet standards Donga Australia 10 May 5th 06 02:46 AM
Australian Helmet standards Walrus Australia 33 September 20th 05 09:25 AM
Australian Helmet standards Walrus Australia 2 September 19th 05 07:56 AM
FA/FS MTB/tandem cantilever brake shoes Gemma_k Marketplace 0 February 22nd 05 01:08 AM
London design Standards for Cycling Jeremy Parker UK 3 February 3rd 04 06:19 PM