Another Helmet Thread

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Another Helmet Thread

On Monday, July 1, 2013 8:07:20 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2013 12:49:07 AM UTC-4, Jay Beattie wrote:

It is uncontroverted that helmets prevent certain injuries. Say that. It will set you free. Resist the urge to make any statement about the risks of walking, gardening or other activities. We're just talking about the protective benefits of helmets.

OK. A few days ago, helping my son-in-law, I bumped my head while trying to fetch a ladder in his garage. A helmet certainly would have prevented that injury.

Smarmy BS! You can't know "certainly".

Besides, you would have been *more* likely to hit your head more
often because of the diameter, probably snapping your neck, and
might even get caught on the overhead garage door rail and hang
yourself!

So I believe they do prevent certain injuries. Now I feel so free! ;-)

How odd that such a fact is considered adequate justification for "Never ride your bicycle without wearing a helmet!" Does such thinking apply to _any_ other protective device for _any_ other activity?

Probably. What difference does it make?

Another Helmet Thread Frank Krygowski[_2_] Techniques 52 June 23rd 13 11:43 PM
Helmet Thread Zenon Racing 4 May 11th 11 03:08 PM
New Helmet Thread Superfly TNT Racing 0 August 20th 10 10:52 PM
Very first helmet thread? Bill Sornson[_5_] Techniques 1 October 14th 09 12:40 AM
A /different/ helmet thread... Simon Brooke UK 21 March 2nd 07 02:42 PM