SIF Question. But I don't think they are the same old questions.

Old August 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

Default SIF Question. But I don't think they are the same old questions.

Is it harder to learn to ride SIF on a 24 inch than a 20 inch? My
friend and I both have a Torker LX but he has a 20 and I have a 24. It
seemed easier when I was trying to ride SIF on his. And I have heard
that it is easier to ride SIF with the seat a little higher. Do they
mean like high enough that you can barely ride it seat in or a little
higher or a little lower? Or is it just self preference? One more
question. For trials you want a 20" tire right?

--
uni.rider.13
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

Old August 20th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

Well how long has it taken most people to learn to ride SIF?

Old August 20th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
burjzyntski

generally younger people learn skills quicker than older people. i'm
speaking with unitrials1001 (something like that) and he's 13, been
riding for a year, and can do 360 unispins, standup ww, and all on a
torker cx.

It doesnt take much to learn how to ride SIF, just have the seat at a
comfortable height, and then, as you're riding, slide it out from
beneath you and hold it out front. It takes a bit of practice, but not
a terrible amount.

You would have more leverage, and, if you use it properly, better
'balance' as you can move the unicycle from side to side more
precisely, if you have the seat up higher- Not so high that you can't
sit on it and operate the pedals, but just about the highest you find
comfortable.

Remember, if you're 14 it will likely take you a lot less time to
master this than someone who is, say, 40.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

"In summary: You want to make sure your Koxx is hard enough before you
start drilling."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188