Boris keeps the important traffic flowing

Old May 16th 09, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default Boris keeps the important traffic flowing

On Sat, 16 May 2009 07:15:23 +0100, "mileburner"
wrote:

snip

Though looking at the way some people drive, they really do think green
means go. Perhaps they have the mentality of unconvinced 9 year olds...

I think that you do 9 year olds a disservice.

Chapman likes to quote some "research" where a small number of
children were asked if they rode faster when wearing a helmet. 80% of
the responses said yes.

Chapman believes that this proves Risk Compensation as far as wearing
helmets is concerned.

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Highway Code Rule 168 : "Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass."

Old May 18th 09, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Judith Smith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

There is absolutely no way that you can expect a motorist approaching
the lights at green to have to stop mandatorily - whilst the lights
are at green.

If the light is green for the motorist then they have priority and
precedence - it is as simple as that.

And you evidence to show that this is what happened IN THE CASE DISCUSSED IN
THE OP is?

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old May 20th 09, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

On Mon, 18 May 2009 09:42:27 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

In ,
Judith Smith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

There is absolutely no way that you can expect a motorist approaching
the lights at green to have to stop mandatorily - whilst the lights
are at green.

If the light is green for the motorist then they have priority and
precedence - it is as simple as that.

And you evidence to show that this is what happened IN THE CASE DISCUSSED IN
THE OP is?

I am sorry - have you not followed the thread?

There was no evidence that that was the case.

Some people said (incorrectly) that once he was on the crossing he had
right of way when the lights for the motorist went back to green; and
by implication this right of way would last for ever whilst the
individual was on the crossing.

I was pointing out that that was ********.
--

Posts from IP Address: 80.254.146.36