The Triton's competition

Old June 21st 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

Default The Triton's competition

i'd get one if they arent too much $$$, and something different. Im not
much of a designer, but ill see what i can do!

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong)
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/user/RookieFilming) 'Vimeo'
(http://www.vimeo.com/user496125)

The UniSLAB wrote:
Go big or go home, don worry about those little clown tricks called
flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our uni's, we jump em

2nd Place*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old June 21st 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

i drew up plans, but my printer crapped out on me lol... It decided to
make a real big beep, then say it needed to be reset... I'll take a pic
of em maybe.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
you sir, are unrealistic

Emile.m wrote:
Today I finished 4th grade

Old June 21st 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

I would like to see a Ti black domina frame (like the "Ti" without the
Lolipop bearing holders). But make it so you can customize the tube
size for those who want their seat low and those who want it high.

EDIT: I read the first page in the Triton thread, i guess it isn't
possible (or with OT4?) because it has to be 1mm tubing

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old June 21st 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SqueakyOnion

If it turns out to be a quality product, there's quite a good chance
I'll buy one once I could scrape the money together.

I'd definitely be interested in an aluminum or Ti frame, in a 29er
size.

--
SqueakyOnion

"That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves
and the state;"
-The Constitution of Pennsylvania - Sept. 28th, 1776

I am not a Texan. I'm a Pennsylvanian!
Old June 21st 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

Any Terrain wrote:
I would like to see a Ti black domina frame (like the "Ti" without the
Lolipop bearing holders).

Lolipop bearings can be as good or better then normal bearing holders.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old June 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

I was thinking, especially make the frame square tubing. It'd increase
its strength a lot. Thats what my plan was, and then i had some braces
where the seatpost connects to for frame legs. like that area, so you
dont break the tube thing off.. like Jon A has done.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
you sir, are unrealistic

Emile.m wrote:
Today I finished 4th grade

Old June 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

I like how the nimbus frame looks, how it angles out and down and then
the side pieces go over it a little.

--
Kilian
Old June 21st 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Mmm less expensive Ti frame... Yummy... I've got some frame ideas in my
head I'll sketch some out too, Not sure how "structurally sound" my
frame ideas would be but I'll sketch some up.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old June 21st 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

unibikeling wrote:
I was thinking, especially make the frame square tubing. It'd increase
its strength a lot.

That's a good idea it would look different and be stronger

--
Kilian
Old June 21st 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

Some miscellaneous thoughts on the subject:
1) In addition to welding, you need a way to make or attach bearing
mounts, seat posts, etc. IE, machining capabilities, and/or some
really accurage jigs or other arrangements for getting geometry just
so-so.
2) A lot of aluminum can be welded, but the welded portions will be
much weaker near the weld as the effects of heat treating are lost in
those areas. Solution is to heat-treat the whole thing after welding.
3) In some cases, you can obtain raw metal in odd sizes and small
quanitites, but the unit cost may be much higher than what a
manufacturer would pay for it. For example, you can buy heat-treated
finished wrenches cheaper than you can buy the tool steel to make them
out of. So that may make it difficult to compete on cost.

--
StephenH

The Triton's competition The UniSLAB Unicycling 0 June 21st 08 01:25 AM
The Triton's competition unibikeling Unicycling 0 June 21st 08 01:23 AM
The Triton's competition manon1wheel Unicycling 1 June 21st 08 01:23 AM
**Gap Competition** Jerrick Unicycling 0 May 28th 08 02:58 AM
Kris Holm Invitational Unicycle Competition - Unicycle competition in Burnaby BC. JamesH Unicycling 2 June 22nd 07 10:48 PM