WTF is with the spandex?

Old May 1st 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
The jeans guy

Default WTF is with the spandex?

The 80s are gone. Done. We are (as a whole planet) not in a race,
unless you have something to prove... So, WTF is with the tight sperm-
inhibiting wear? You think you look cool? It can't be comforable.
And the logos, my god the LOGOS! Do you really wanna support Walmart
that much? Culture? There's more in yoghurt.

Be comforable and yourself for gods sake. You can't be lance.
Old May 1st 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

The jeans guy wrote, On 5/1/2009 3:22 AM:
The 80s are gone. Done. We are (as a whole planet) not in a race,
unless you have something to prove... So, WTF is with the tight sperm-
inhibiting wear? You think you look cool? It can't be comforable.
And the logos, my god the LOGOS! Do you really wanna support Walmart
that much? Culture? There's more in yoghurt.

Be comforable and yourself for gods sake. You can't be lance.

Yawn...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old May 1st 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ru4linux2

On May 1, 2:22*am, The jeans guy wrote:
The 80s are gone. Done. We are (as a whole planet) not in a race,
unless you have something to prove... So, WTF is with the tight sperm-
inhibiting wear? *You think you look cool? *It can't be comforable.
And the logos, my god the LOGOS! *Do you really wanna support Walmart
that much? *Culture? *There's more in yoghurt.

Be comforable and yourself for gods sake. You can't be lance.

You've obviously never seen me riding. :-)

Full length 'camo' pants, steel toed shoes, the first clean shirt I
can reach.

OK, so I'm not very fast. :-)

Lewis.

*****
Old May 1st 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
It's Chris

It's comfortable (not tight, as it looks), like a second skin, and it
dries fast. yet is not scratchy like wool was. Yeah, wool. I've been
riding THAT long! LOL

Those are my reasons anyway.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old May 2nd 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_15_]

The jeans guy is a troll.

Old May 2nd 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On May 1, 7:27*pm, "Pat" wrote:
The jeans guy is a troll.

Could be a troll. Could be ignorant. Could be both.

I'm voting for both.

- Frank Krygowski
Old May 2nd 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Price

On Fri, 1 May 2009 20:44:17 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

The jeans guy is a troll.

Could be a troll. Could be ignorant. Could be both.

I'm voting for both.

Ditto.
Old May 3rd 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bruce[_3_]

wrote:

The jeans guy is a troll.

Could be a troll. Could be ignorant. Could be both.

I'm voting for both.

Ditto.

Agreed....you only ride in cotton until you try lycra/spandex. Then
you're just moronic to continue. Tho I will say that some people look
better in the tight road bike clothing than others, but I applaud those
I see overweight and out there huffing-n-puffing as they pedal off the
pounds.

Old May 3rd 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Frank Krygowski writes:
On May 1, 7:27*pm, "Pat" wrote:
The jeans guy is a troll.

Could be a troll. Could be ignorant. Could be both.
I'm voting for both.

The O.P. does pose an interesting point.

Other forms of transportation (i.e: driving, walking,
public transit) rarely involve having to don specific
clothing. Maybe with this H1N1 'flu going around,
surgical masks & gloves aren't a bad idea on public
transit.

It is nice to be able to just hop on a bike and go.

Durned if I'm gonna don a clown suit just to ride
10 blocks to the markets down the street.

There's a certain magic number: 5 miles.
A lot of people think that's the limit of a
bicycle's practicality in terms of getting around,
and beyond 5 miles, one might as well drive.

I guess these folks haven't considered that some of
us like to do it the hard way (heh), and ride further
than 5 miles -- in fact, maybe 10 to 20 times or more
than 5 miles. Maybe more frequently, 6 to 8 times
further than 5 miles. And as we all know, those
longer distances are when cycling-specific apparel
comes into its own. Clothes that not only don't
flap around in the breeze, don't chafe, and that wick
sweat, but also don't scoop flying stinging insects
into open cuffs & neck holes.

On a hot July day, polyester is just the ticket for
riding past someone who's washing his car out on the
street, and asking him for a nice, refreshing shot from
his garden hose + spray nozzle. It'll dry in no time,
and in the meantime it feels so coolingly good.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Old May 4th 09, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On May 1, 11:44*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On May 1, 7:27*pm, "Pat" wrote:

The jeans guy is a troll.

Could be a troll. *Could be ignorant. *Could be both.

I'm voting for both.

- Frank Krygowski

cT:

If you put enough Vaseline lotion on your taint--ya can ride in
anything! Plus you'll smell like you just got off the Internet.

Question on wearing Spandex Daryl Hunt General 21 June 18th 07 07:42 PM
Spandex for Men LOL BigRab UK 8 July 17th 06 10:14 AM
Non-spandex bike shorts? Joe S. General 18 August 18th 05 03:00 PM
Spandex brucianna General 6 July 7th 05 04:28 PM
Candidate for congress in spandex? Claire Petersky General 3 September 28th 04 10:13 PM