WTB Cheap but functional bike

Old March 16th 05, 12:18 AM
Avi Silterra

Default WTB Cheap but functional bike

Hi

I'd like to buy a cheap but functional used bike. Maximum price I'll pay
is
under $80 (I have a gift card for use at target that would bring down the
price of one of their bikes to 80). Will be used for daily travel from
university village to ohio state campus, about 2 miles.

Email at or callcell phone at 585 975 9324.
Avi S

http://www.skype.com/ - Free internet calls among members
http://www.math.osu.edu/~silterra/

http://www.quickdonations.com/
http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Old March 16th 05, 12:23 AM
Dave Thompson

Avi Silterra wrote:
Hi

I'd like to buy a cheap but functional used bike. Maximum price I'll
pay is
under $80 (I have a gift card for use at target that would bring down
the price of one of their bikes to 80). Will be used for daily travel
from university village to ohio state campus, about 2 miles.

Email at or callcell phone at 585 975 9324.
Avi S

http://www.skype.com/ - Free internet calls among members
http://www.math.osu.edu/~silterra/

http://www.quickdonations.com/
http://www.thenonprofits.com/

Check will the Goowill and other similar organizations, they often have
perfectly usable bikes for less than your max. Also haunt garage sales in
your city, they can be places for some pretty choice finds.

Old March 18th 05, 12:16 AM
P. Hardewig

Man's or woman's? I have a mixte frame "townie" ten speed (that's right,
only 10) - 27" wheels, fenders, rack, upright bars, spring seat, etc..
that's about 20 years old, but, in excellent condition, as it was barely
ridden. Perfect for a bit urban commuting, IMHO. If you're willing to
drive down to pick it up in Hamilton - N of Cincinnati, about 2 hrs away
from OSU , it's yours for $25. Actually, anybody that wants to pick it up
can have it for that princely sum! Pics available on request.
--
Wishing you flat hills, tailwinds & friendly dogs,
Pat