dear mrs blonde 4wd driver

Old March 28th 07, 05:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
AndrewJ

Default dear mrs blonde 4wd driver

Yes, let's forget about stereotypes.

There you were coming onto Nepean Highway. I was going down the hill
into your path. You looked back up the hill for cars, then you looked
to the left for oncoming traffic. You didn't actually look at me at
all. Then you proceeded forward, on your way to run me over.

Then you saw me, and you couldn't believe that I was where I was. So
why wasn't I right in your path? Because I was watching you very
closely, and I anticipated that you would do exactly what you did. So
I braked hard and went around the back of you. Why? Because 20 years
of riding on the roads convinced me that you would most likely drive
in the worst manner possible.

So now you know. Next time you will look for bicycles. But I won't
actually believe that you will stop until you actually stop.

Old March 28th 07, 05:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

AndrewJ wrote:
Yes, let's forget about stereotypes.

There you were coming onto Nepean Highway. I was going down the hill
into your path. You looked back up the hill for cars, then you looked
to the left for oncoming traffic. You didn't actually look at me at
all. Then you proceeded forward, on your way to run me over.

Then you saw me, and you couldn't believe that I was where I was. So
why wasn't I right in your path? Because I was watching you very
closely, and I anticipated that you would do exactly what you did. So
I braked hard and went around the back of you. Why? Because 20 years
of riding on the roads convinced me that you would most likely drive
in the worst manner possible.

So now you know. Next time you will look for bicycles. But I won't
actually believe that you will stop until you actually stop.

Hey, that must be the same blond 4wd driver that failed to give
way to me on a roundabout last week in Perth - and she was on her
mobile at the time. She gets around doesn't she? Like you, it
was my anticipation that prevented a serious accident.

The car in point here was a BMW 4wd - is there a wankier? I'm
struggling to think of one.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old March 28th 07, 05:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Mar 28, 2:30 pm, DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"
wrote:
AndrewJ wrote:

The car in point here was a BMW 4wd - is there a wankier? I'm
struggling to think of one.

Porsche Cayenne turbo.

Ultimate wankfest.

Old March 28th 07, 05:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
LotteBum[_27_]

I still think sh!tty Oz built cars are the worst in these instances.
And fscking Prados.

--
LotteBum

Old March 28th 07, 05:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_85_]

AndrewJ Wrote:
Yes, let's forget about stereotypes.

Thought you were being remarkably restrained. As female cyclist I
believe in a level playing field and all that. Most of the time a
Zen-like demeanour is wise, although I'm equally apt at coming up with
creative expletives no ones ever heard before, ie: adding "tard" on the
end of certain words.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 28th 07, 06:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Mar 28, 2:56 pm, LotteBum LotteBum.2o5...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I still think sh!tty Oz built cars are the worst in these instances.
And fscking Prados.

One advantage with the wank cars (shiny 4wd, etc) is that you _know_
that they're really gonna hate it when you thump on their door with a
cleat.

Old March 28th 07, 08:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SteveA[_8_]

LotteBum Wrote:
I still think sh!tty Oz built cars are the worst in these instances. And
fscking Prados.

Where's that list now......?

- Prados;
- Pajeros;
- anything with a V8 engine, but especially Landcruiser V8s as they
seem to come with a special arrogance suppository for their drivers;
- tradesmen's utes;
- any driver in a hat;
- Volvos;
- taxis;
- courier vans (but not couriers on 2 wheels whether motorised or
not);
- any 4WD that is picking-up or droping off the brats at a school ;
- any 4WD where the driver is too short to see over the steering
wheel and looks through it instead; and
- any sedan containing 4 young lads (flanny shirts optional) - they
have usually all turned their brains off and are using one of their
number's dangly bits to do their collective thinking.

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old March 28th 07, 09:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:35:21 -0700, Duncan wrote:

Porsche Cayenne turbo.

Ultimate wankfest.

Audi Q7. Similar kind of price for the most powerful.

--
Dave Hughes |
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false
Old March 28th 07, 10:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

SteveA wrote:

LotteBum Wrote:
[...]

B-double drivers who think that the wetter the road, the faster you
should approach yellow lights.
Old March 28th 07, 10:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

DeF ""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au" wrote:

Hey, that must be the same blond 4wd driver that failed to give
way to me on a roundabout last week in Perth - and she was on her
mobile at the time.

It was a long call. She was still on the phone when she tried to run me
over on the roundabout at the corner of Golf Links Road and
Mackay-Bucasia Road.

Oh dear lardyninja UK 32 November 25th 06 09:40 PM
A blonde wig is safer than a helmet according to: lubaloo UK 87 September 18th 06 08:27 AM
Oh Dear! Tom Crispin UK 10 April 27th 06 05:43 PM
Oh dear Michael Warner Australia 2 July 21st 05 05:21 PM
Oh dear. Doki UK 15 April 6th 04 09:21 PM