What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden)bike or its accessories?

Old January 20th 08, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden) bike or its accessories?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:08:36 -0800 (PST), Marz
wrote:

Back in reality, a gravity dropper seatpost.

The Xtracycle Free Radical has a "gravity advantage juju"

It doesn't help on hills but it does let you pick-up a half-loaded
longtail with one hand
--
zk
Old January 20th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cathy Kearns

"Rex Kerr" wrote in message
What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden) bike
or its accessories?

Favorite: Skirt guard for my Breezer. It has the fenders. It has the
chain guard. Now a skirt guard will make it perfect.

Most ridden: I bet there is some simple way to fix the unwrapped handle bar
tape on my trek. I'm just too lazy to figure it out. (I'm thinking all I
really need is to find my black electrical tape...)

Old January 20th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

What ONE thing would you change about your favorite
(or most ridden) bike or its accessories?

=v= The tires. Oh, ONE thing? The rear tire.
_Jym_
Old January 21st 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

DennisTheBald wrote:
Spring loaded front fork mechanism that would allow me to deploy by a
handle bar trigger forcing the compressed front shock to release
providing a 'wheelie' effect on 'bent. Would need to re-compress
shock under normal riding conditions as soon as I got over the curb.

You'll have to contact Knight Industries to get one of those... :-)

Old January 21st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
smn

"Rex Kerr" wrote in message
What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden) bike
or its accessories?

I know that favorite & most ridden aren't necessarily the same bike, but
it's an interesting question either way. I had this thought yesterday
while riding home and fighting with my handlebar bag. I really want to
lower the gearing on this bike with a new crankset, but that's only for
infrequent tours. I think that if I could only change one thing I would
get a new handlebar bag that doesn't flop around, is easier to zip, and
holds my maps pocket in a visible position at all times.

How about you?

If I could I would put a front fender on my trek 1500 but since I can't I
wont but I would if I could. would a woodchuck chuck wood?
sufficiently OT? lol

Old January 22nd 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

If I could I would put a front fender on my trek 1500 but since I can't I
wont but I would if I could. would a woodchuck chuck wood?
sufficiently OT? lol

I can't find it now, but I once saw somebody's writeup online where they
cut their fender in two at the fork mounting point and made a small
metal bracket to go through the fork to deal with clearance issues.
Might that help you?
Old January 22nd 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Rex Kerr wrote:
What ONE thing would you change about your favorite (or most ridden)
bike or its accessories?...

Seat back angle adjustable while riding with no weight penalty.

35/50 watt halogen headlight with Shipstone power.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old January 22nd 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson

Rex Kerr wrote:
I can't find it now, but I once saw somebody's writeup online where they
cut their fender in two at the fork mounting point and made a small
metal bracket to go through the fork to deal with clearance issues.
Might that help you?

That's a race blade. Standard issue (no modifications necessary) fender
for frames with little clearance.

\\paul
Old January 22nd 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
smn

"Rex Kerr" wrote in message
If I could I would put a front fender on my trek 1500 but since I can't I
wont but I would if I could. would a woodchuck chuck wood?
sufficiently OT? lol

I can't find it now, but I once saw somebody's writeup online where they
cut their fender in two at the fork mounting point and made a small metal
bracket to go through the fork to deal with clearance issues. Might that
help you?

no, i don't want to compromise the frame.
I already compromised the frame's lifetime guarantee by being a second
owner. Not riding in the wet keeps the bike clean anyway. ; )
a metal bracket around the front of the frame with self conceived mud
flap/fender things might work. thank you
now I have choices to make