Austin, TX vs. Atlanta, GA

Old March 17th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Default Austin, TX vs. Atlanta, GA

I was just down in Austin for the SXSW Music. I crashed a buddy's place
and he had a BMX bike I could use to ride around town. Despite the fact
that a BMX is not my first choice for riding around a city, it was
definitely a joy to ride around Austin.

Atlanta is nice and my home and all that. But the mental environment
just ain't the same. Can't say I'd be too upset if I ended up living in
Austin.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 17th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Just A User

Paul M. Hobson wrote:
I was just down in Austin for the SXSW Music. I crashed a buddy's place
and he had a BMX bike I could use to ride around town. Despite the fact
that a BMX is not my first choice for riding around a city, it was
definitely a joy to ride around Austin.

Atlanta is nice and my home and all that. But the mental environment
just ain't the same. Can't say I'd be too upset if I ended up living in
Austin.

\\paul

I have always heard good things about Austin. And Berkley.
Old March 17th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
catzz66[_2_]

Just A User wrote:
Paul M. Hobson wrote:
I was just down in Austin for the SXSW Music. I crashed a buddy's
place and he had a BMX bike I could use to ride around town. Despite
the fact that a BMX is not my first choice for riding around a city,
it was definitely a joy to ride around Austin.

Atlanta is nice and my home and all that. But the mental environment
just ain't the same. Can't say I'd be too upset if I ended up living
in Austin.

\\paul

My impression on trying to drive through Austin is that there is
tremendous vehicular congestion for a city its size, but apart from
that, it is a beautiful part of the state.

Hot summers, mild winters... Passable biking weather most of the time,
if you don't mind the heat. Personally, I don't mind it.
Old March 17th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_7_]

I was just down in Austin for the SXSW Music. I crashed a buddy's place
and he had a BMX bike I could use to ride around town. Despite the fact
that a BMX is not my first choice for riding around a city, it was
definitely a joy to ride around Austin.

Atlanta is nice and my home and all that. But the mental environment just
ain't the same. Can't say I'd be too upset if I ended up living in
Austin.
Paul M. Hobson

What I remember most about passing through Atlanta was how hilly it is. And,
how is the humidity in the summer time? I'll bet it's drier in Austin.

Pat in North Texas

Old March 17th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul M. Hobson[_2_]

Pat wrote:
What I remember most about passing through Atlanta was how hilly it is.

It is hilly, but there are no sustained climbs around the Atlanta area.
Up in North GA where the Tour de Georgia goes can really be difficult
terrain for anyone. Some of the pros more suited for flat terrain have
to zig-zag up Brasstown Bald.

And,
how is the humidity in the summer time? I'll bet it's drier in Austin.

It is quite humid -- shade offers little relief in the summer. I
noticed on the hottest day in Austin, finding shade really did cool
things down.

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.
Old March 18th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ®

"Pat" wrote in message

I was just down in Austin for the SXSW Music. I crashed a buddy's place
and he had a BMX bike I could use to ride around town. Despite the fact
that a BMX is not my first choice for riding around a city, it was
definitely a joy to ride around Austin.

Atlanta is nice and my home and all that. But the mental environment
just ain't the same. Can't say I'd be too upset if I ended up living in
Austin.
Paul M. Hobson

What I remember most about passing through Atlanta was how hilly it is.
And, how is the humidity in the summer time? I'll bet it's drier in
Austin.

Pat in North Texas

They don't call it Hotlanta for nuthin'.

Atlanta wheelbuilder mike[_5_] Techniques 6 August 31st 07 01:00 AM
Atlanta Ga. Info Mike Kennedy Mountain Biking 3 May 18th 05 01:57 PM
From Knoxville to Atlanta peter Rides 3 October 20th 04 06:50 PM
FS: Serotta Atlanta 48 cm. nrjetik1 Marketplace 4 October 4th 04 12:19 PM
Looking for a trail around Atlanta Fred Taylor Mountain Biking 6 August 22nd 04 04:24 PM