When does the Tour d'France start?

Old June 14th 05, 11:54 PM
Joe S.

Default When does the Tour d'France start?

Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website this year
that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?

Thanks.

--

-----
Joe S.

Old June 15th 05, 12:29 AM
Roger Zoul

Joe S. wrote:
: Does it start the first week in July?

July 2.

Will they have the website
: this year that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
:
: -----
: Joe S.

Old June 15th 05, 01:17 AM
Bill Baka

Joe S. wrote:
Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website this year
that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?

Thanks.

It is usually on OLN and they devote the entire month to it. The rest of
the year seems to go to cowboy sports like bull riding. It is a cable
only channel though unless some good soul puts up a satellite dish and
rebroadcasts it to you.
Bill Baka
Old June 15th 05, 05:14 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website this
year
that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?

Thanks.

The TDF usually starts on the first Saturday of the month, and ends three
weeks later on the third Sunday. They have a fairly complete website at
www.LeTour.fr, with an english-language option that isn't terribly dumbed
down. For more interesting behind-the-scenes coverage, you might check out
www.Cyclingnews.com, www.Eurosport.com, & www.Velosport.com.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 15th 05, 10:44 AM
jj

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:50 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website this
year
that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?

Thanks.

The TDF usually starts on the first Saturday of the month, and ends three
weeks later on the third Sunday. They have a fairly complete website at
www.LeTour.fr, with an english-language option that isn't terribly dumbed
down. For more interesting behind-the-scenes coverage, you might check out
www.Cyclingnews.com, www.Eurosport.com, & www.Velosport.com.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You goin' this year? I'm heading to the beach for some flat-lander riding,
but I'll be glued to the TV for the rest of the day. I'm staying at a
luxury resort owned by my brother (lol). I get three meals a day of the
best gourmet cooking you've ever tasted. After every ride I get to go jump
in the pool with all my clothes on - that's pretty cool. I'll be there all
three weeks unless he throws me out for jumping on the couch too much, lol.

jj

Old June 15th 05, 12:43 PM
Roger Zoul

jj wrote:
:: On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:50 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
:: wrote:
::
:::: Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website
:::: this year
:::: that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?
::::
:::: Thanks.
:::
[...]

Where is that, again? Va Beach? Are you going to meet me in Charleston this
year for the Festivelo? Bring your brother, too.

Old June 15th 05, 12:55 PM
Roger Zoul

Roger Zoul wrote:
:: jj wrote:
:::: On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:50 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
:::: wrote:
::::
:::::: Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website
:::::: this year
:::::: that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?
::::::
:::::: Thanks.
:::::
[...]

Well, they changed things up a bit...I'm going no matter what, though.

http://www.charlestoncyclefest.org/index.html

Old June 15th 05, 01:20 PM
jj

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:55:34 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Roger Zoul wrote:
:: jj wrote:
:::: On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:50 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
:::: wrote:
::::
[...]

Well that's 450 miles from the beach...not sure I could talk him into
driving that far, but I'll ask.

Where did you stay last year, or did you camp?

jj

Old June 15th 05, 02:19 PM
Ken

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Joe S. wrote:
Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the website this
year
that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?

Thanks.

It is usually on OLN and they devote the entire month to it. The rest of
the year seems to go to cowboy sports like bull riding. It is a cable only
channel though unless some good soul puts up a satellite dish and
rebroadcasts it to you.
Bill Baka

Well unless you really live out of the way, you should have cable anyway.
But if you are that frugal, and have no cable, I think I read somewhere that
the discovery channel is going to be webcasting it. But then you would need
a broadband internet connection.

Ken

Old June 15th 05, 02:59 PM
Roger Zoul

jj wrote:
:: On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:55:34 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
:: wrote:
::
::: Roger Zoul wrote:
::::: jj wrote:
::::::: On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:14:50 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
::::::: wrote:
:::::::
::::::::: Does it start the first week in July? Will they have the
::::::::: website this year
::::::::: that shows each day's profile, progress, etc.?
:::::::::
::::::::: Thanks.
::::::::
[...]

I stayed in one of the hotels they listed on the site last year. Pam_in_sc
camped with her family (actually, I think the rented a cabin of some type).
We met up at the mass start location and did the ride together.

I may attempt the back-to-back centuries on Sat/Sun. I'll get down there on
Friday evening. It's about 215 miles for me.

::
:: jj