Pottstown PA

Old March 22nd 05, 02:44 AM

Default Pottstown PA

I am relocating to Pottstown and would like info on clubs and routes in
the area..

Tahnks in advance

Old March 22nd 05, 11:16 AM
Bill Cotton

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am relocating to Pottstown and would like info on clubs and routes in
the area..

Tahnks in advance

Both Philadelphia area bicycle clubs http://www.suburbancyclists.org/ and
http://phillybikeclub.org/ have members who lives in Pottstown. Reading is
closer and has a clubs also.
The signed bikePA "S" and "L" route are nearby
http://www.billcotton.com/bikepa_s_route.htm , also, on my pages are
http://www.billcotton.com/philadelph...cle_trails.htm
http://www.billcotton.com/my_centuries_rides.htm has cues and map that goes
through or near Pottstown. Lancaster county to the west is also great
riding.

--
www.billcotton.com

Old March 22nd 05, 12:28 PM
Roy Zipris

Go to the Suburban Cyclists Unlimited web site,
www.suburbancyclists.org. In the left menu, look for "Other Resources"
and click on "site-seeing; links" for a list of clubs in the area.

SCU puts on a great ride called the Quad County Metric, May 1, from
Green Lane Park, not far from you. You can link to information about
the ride from the SCU web site: scenic roads, good food at rest stops
and afterwards, good support. --Roy Zipris

Old March 22nd 05, 02:01 PM
Drew

Many clubs in the philly area...

Bicycle Club Of Philadelphia
Delaware Valley Bicycle Club
Brandywine Bicycle Club
Suburban Cyclists

Old March 23rd 05, 12:31 AM
Roy Zipris

I thought I posted this. Guess not. Check out the web site of Suburban
Cyclists Unlimited, www.suburbancyclists.org, and look for a item on
the left hand side to "links" that will take you to a list that, in
turn, includes a link to regional bike clubs.

SCU has a wonderful ride on May 1, the Quad County Metric, Green Lane
Park, not far from Pottstown. Great support and food, scenic roads.

Old March 23rd 05, 05:04 PM
Roy Zipris

Check this ride out, too--a local (Pottstown area) event--the Annual
French Creek Iron Tour For Open Space:
http://www.frenchandpickering.org/FCITinfo.htm --Roy Zipris

Old April 10th 05, 09:34 AM
Bill Cotton

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am relocating to Pottstown and would like info on clubs and routes in
the area..

Tahnks in advance

Wednesday April 6, 2005 From Norristown PA to Reading PA using the
Schuylkill River trail and nearby roads for the unfinished sections.
http://www.schuylkillriver.org/maps/reading_trail.asp

The SEPTA's Norristown to Pottstown bus schedule online and printed,
announce that the bus has a bicycle rack. (Good for a bailout plan) I
bicycle from Norristown to Oaks PA on a paved section of trail, I got off
there and use Black Rock road To follow the river as close as possible.
Crossing the river in Rockford then using Old Schuylkill Road to Pottstown,
Old Philadelphia road to Douglassville, then 724 to Birdsboro. Where the
trail resumes. and goes to the southeastern edge of Reading at the junctions
of Rt. 10 and Rt. 222. I suggest the Queen City Dinner at that junction.
Great place to eat and reasonable prices. From the dinner, I could see the
work is going on to extend the bike path in to down town Reading, with a
bridge over Rt. 222. A map and profile of my ride is he
http://www.billcotton.com/my_centuries_rides.htm

Old May 13th 05, 12:02 PM
Bill Cotton

"Bill Cotton" wrote in message news:...

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am relocating to Pottstown and would like info on clubs and routes in
the area..

Tahnks in advance

Wednesday April 6, 2005 From Norristown PA to Reading PA using the
Schuylkill River trail and nearby roads for the unfinished sections.
http://www.schuylkillriver.org/maps/reading_trail.asp

A map and profile of my ride is he
http://www.billcotton.com/my_centuries_rides.htm

I have a inclination to always do new rides. The list of my rides are here;
http://www.billcotton.com/MY_rides.htm#Current%20ride. When the above
question was asked about routes in the Pottstown area, I responded because
I had made several rides from Philadelphia to Pottstown, usual from the
hilly east. I was motivated to make a rout that followed the river more.
After making the ride that I post above, I decided to lead a ride for BCP
Bicycle Club. The details will be on BCP's web site later this month,
currently the details are at the above site for the June 4, 2005 ride.