Where can i find maes bend style handlebars

Old April 22nd 11, 07:47 PM
fraser123 fraser123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Where can i find maes bend style handlebars

as above where can i find maes bend style handlebars

Im new on here and not sure if this is the right place to post this but its here any way lol

thanks fraser123
Old April 23rd 11, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

--
fraser123

Two things:

1) this isn't the right place,

and

2) "Maes" bend bars, or traditional drop bars, are everywhere.

Are you that seriously google-impaired you couldn't find 'em online?
If you can't find 'em, I can't figure out how you found your way
here.

Fred
Old April 23rd 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

http://tinyurl.com/3wqt547

Old April 23rd 11, 04:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 22, 1:47*pm, fraser123
wrote:
as above where can i find maes bend style handlebars

Im new on here and not sure if this is the right place to post this but
its here any way lol

thanks fraser123

--
fraser123

There's a parallel universe (in google reality) over at
rec.bicycles.tech which is a better place for tech questions.
FWIW, Deda makes a Deep 215 bar with a non-ergo bend that is my
current favorite. It's a little light, but I've used those bars for
years with no problems, and the tops and drops are pretty close to
parallel, so you can set the drops pretty flat and still have a nice
"shelf" for your hands on the tops.
--D-y
Old April 23rd 11, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 22, 11:09*pm, --D-y wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:47*pm, fraser123
wrote:

as above where can i find maes bend style handlebars

Im new on here and not sure if this is the right place to post this but
its here any way lol

thanks fraser123

--
fraser123

There's a parallel universe (in google reality) over at
rec.bicycles.tech which is a better place for tech questions.
FWIW, Deda makes a Deep 215 bar with a non-ergo bend that is my
current favorite. It's a little light, but I've used those bars for
years with no problems, and the tops and drops are pretty close to
parallel, so you can set the drops pretty flat and still have a nice
"shelf" for your hands on the tops.

Are you suggesting to fraser123 fraser123 that doing a The Google
search for "maes handlebar" would be fruitless?

Old April 23rd 11, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 23, 1:20*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:09*pm, --D-y wrote:

On Apr 22, 1:47*pm, fraser123
wrote:

as above where can i find maes bend style handlebars

Im new on here and not sure if this is the right place to post this but
its here any way lol

thanks fraser123

--
fraser123

There's a parallel universe (in google reality) over at
rec.bicycles.tech which is a better place for tech questions.
FWIW, Deda makes a Deep 215 bar with a non-ergo bend that is my
current favorite. It's a little light, but I've used those bars for
years with no problems, and the tops and drops are pretty close to
parallel, so you can set the drops pretty flat and still have a nice
"shelf" for your hands on the tops.

Are you suggesting to fraser123 fraser123 that doing a The Google
search for "maes handlebar" would be fruitless?

No.
I told him there is a better place to look for answers to "tech"
questions and gave the name of the place. Following, I suggested a
handlebar make/model that is a favorite and told him why I like that
particular handlebar, prefaced with "FWIW"-- you know, not wanting to
(for one thing) pull some kind of bull**** authority trip on a newbie,
while being aware that "anatomic" handlebars are much more
aggressively marketed than "Maies" bars-- IOW, the "old style" bars
are out there, but you might have to do some looking to find them. If
"fraser123" shows up on rbt, I might suggest other places to look for
non-anatomic handlebars.
WTF, WTF! Over!
--D-y