Who's watching the Tour this year?

Old July 2nd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

Default Who's watching the Tour this year?

Anyone?

Will it be more interesting or less than recent years?

Anyone going?

Old July 2nd 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

On Jul 2, 4:20 pm, "Roger Zoul" wrote:
Anyone?

Will it be more interesting or less than recent years?

Anyone going?

IMO, this is the biggest "who cares?" TdF in years. The stench puts me
off.

Old July 2nd 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
garmonboezia

"Roger Zoul" wrote in
:

Anyone?

Will it be more interesting or less than recent years?

Anyone going?

Seems to me it's wide open. To me that's interesting. Even the
French have a shot this year.

199 Mike
Old July 2nd 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Kerr

Roger Zoul wrote:
Anyone?

Will it be more interesting or less than recent years?

Anyone going?

I'll be watching with great interest. I'm curious to find out whether
or not Vino is the real deal and also wondering how Valverde will do if
he actually can finish a TDF.

I've also taken note of Zabriskie's new climbing prowess! Team CSC says
Sastre is their GC man though but with his limited TT ability that could
always be subject to change.

All in all I think it will be more interesting than those in recent
years, perhaps what we hoped last year's race would have become had it
not been for all the last minute scandal.
Old July 2nd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ufatbastehd[_2_]

I love the tour and will watch. Lance retired, Landis out. Sometimes
the best things happen when you least expect them

Old July 2nd 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jul 2, 6:07 pm, Brian Kerr wrote:
I'll be watching with great interest. I'm curious to find out whether
or not Vino is the real deal and also wondering how Valverde will do if
he actually can finish a TDF.

Ditto. Even if we find out in August that they're all dopers and
results get nullified, if it was exciting racing at the time we see
it, it will have been interesting to have seen it (even if only as
fiction).

I've also taken note of Zabriskie's new climbing prowess!

Yep--on one climb at the Dauphine, the climbers around him looked to
be struggling, leaping out of the saddle with legs flailing all over
the place in low cadence (I guess they chose the wrong gearing for
that stage?), Dave was sitting there cool, with his shades still on,
seated, knees in, spinning up the hill right there at the front.

All in all I think it will be more interesting than those in recent
years, perhaps what we hoped last year's race would have become had it
not been for all the last minute scandal.

Yep.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

RBrickston wrote:
:: And can't something be done to keep those idiots out of the
:: contestant's path? Favorite "fan" photos from 2005:
::
:: http://tinyurl.com/2t2zj4
::
:: http://tinyurl.com/36xqw7

haha!

Old July 3rd 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Booker C. Bense[_41_]

In article ,
RBrickston wrote:

And can't something be done to keep those idiots out of the contestant's
path?

A TDF with no idiots... That would be wrong, very wrong.

_ Booker C. Bense
Old July 3rd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Kruger

Roger Zoul wrote:
Anyone?

Will it be more interesting or less than recent years?

Not so interesting; I paid some attention to the live feed of the Giro this
year, and that was entertaining, but now I see that winner Di Luca's under a
cloud.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...0news&from=rss

I wasn't a big fan, so the Pros won't suffer from my lack of attention.

2007 -- The start of a new year and perhaps my last big European Tour Pinky UK 2 January 2nd 07 11:48 PM
Is anybody watching this year? steve Racing 12 July 22nd 06 03:16 PM
watching the tour bicycle_disciple Techniques 14 June 29th 06 06:41 PM
Worth Watching Captain General 1 June 13th 06 12:25 AM
Lance Armstrong is riding Le Tour this year. jazmo Australia 17 February 20th 05 11:32 PM