This is moronic - "despite perfect tactics"

Old April 24th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default This is moronic - "despite perfect tactics"

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...-strong_169960

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.
Old April 24th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 24, 1:54*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...y-they-did-wha...

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and ****ing die, puke all over the street,
something!
--D-y
Old April 25th 11, 11:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

--D-y wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:54 pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and ****ing die, puke all over the street,
something!

Andy cried afterwards. Not sure this helps his case or not.
http://nos.nl/video/235396-andy-schl...k-na-luik.html
Old April 25th 11, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 25, 5:22*am, "A. Dumas" wrote:
--D-y wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:54 pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and ****ing die, puke all over the street,
something!

Andy cried afterwards. Not sure this helps his case or not.http://nos.nl/video/235396-andy-schl...k-na-luik.html

Right onto giving up some love on the baby, who smiled.
That's some pretty good cowboyin' up IMHO. Including not hiding behind
the hat even when it's the closest thing to a hole for any distance.
On to the Tour.
--D-y

Old April 25th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

=========
Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and ****ing die, puke all over the street,
something!
--D-y
=========

2010 Tourmalet stage redux?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 25th 11, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On Apr 24, 11:54*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...y-they-did-wha...

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Let's restate the obvious, shall we... the Schlecks ride away from
everyone except Gilbert on la Roche aux faucons. They try another
attack on St Nicholas: Andy gets dropped and Frank barely hangs on.
And in the finale, TurboPhil has enough of a gap to start his
celebration before the line. I'd say A&F decided riding hard for 2nd
& 3rd was better than putzing around to finish 5th & 8th.
Old April 26th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 25, 11:56*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"--D-y" wrote in message

On Apr 24, 1:54 pm, Anton Berlin wrote:http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...y-they-did-wha...

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

=========
Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and ****ing die, puke all over the street,
something!
--D-y
=========

2010 Tourmalet stage redux?

--Mike-- * * Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Close enough. But, I watched the later moments and realized that
Gilbert had, and probably more times than the coverage showed, pulled
some pretty intimidating moves of his own, not "allowing" the Schlecks
to get anything going. Yes, it's hard to attack when you're pedaling
about as hard as you can but one of them needed to attack, ****ing
die, puke all over the street!
And even if both of them AFDPAOTS'd, and Gilbert rolled in solo, at
least they would have died trying to win instead of conserving podia.
--D-y
Old April 26th 11, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

wrote:

"--D-y" wrote in message

[...]

I think you're right about Gilbert's smart move on St Nicholas, not
really attacking but pushing the pace hard enough that they couldn't
really attack him. I can only imagine what he must've been thinking
when he went over the top and only Frank was with him. I'd almost bet
he was thinking of all the various ways he could do a victory salute,
given that he was a lock to win. That, or he was thinking of some
respectable way he could kill himself if he didn't win.

Fred
Old April 26th 11, 06:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 25, 2:32*pm, Ben Trovato wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:54*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...y-they-did-wha...

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the **** can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Let's restate the obvious, shall we... the Schlecks ride away from
everyone except Gilbert on la Roche aux faucons. *They try another
attack on St Nicholas: Andy gets dropped and Frank barely hangs on.
And in the finale, TurboPhil has enough of a gap to start his
celebration before the line. *I'd say A&F decided riding hard for 2nd
& 3rd was better than putzing around to finish 5th & 8th.

Yup, obvious. But what if a well-timed attack had found Gilbert in a
weak moment?
Yeah, he had them intimidated. I've been there myself, on both sides,
in fatty master parking-lot racing (using the LCD approach required
here).
But, I've also died after repeatedly attacking a stronger opponent,
who did not end up winning the race, by a long shot.
His anger at being embarrassed by a "lesser" at a race he felt he was
divinely ordained (so to speak) to win was a big factor in his defeat.
The human element must be exploited...
--D-y