Fixing a cracked carbon fiber seat base?

Old August 19th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Luke Collalto

Default Fixing a cracked carbon fiber seat base?

Does anybody know how?

-Luke

--
Luke Collalto

'Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TeamInsomnia)
'KHU' (http://www.krisholm.com)
'UDC Australia' (http://www.unicycle.au.com)

Stealth, is always in fashion.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fist

more carbon strips and some resin.

--
fist
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

Luke Collalto wrote:
Does anybody know how?

-Luke

How'd you crack it?

--
The.Mars.Volta

'Kidmuni.com' (http://www.kidmuni.com/Home)
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)
'YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
juggle508 wrote:
I know why Tomsey is so good at backs and why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Luke Collalto

fist wrote:
more carbon strips and some resin.

What kind of resin? Where would i purchase such items?

Reef wrote:
Something...

Bad landing on a doubleflip off a drop. Pushed down on the seat.

Old August 19th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

Luke Collalto wrote:
nothing...

Damn that sucks, how high?
I keep on sort of bending my seat, but it goes back to normal. Oh well,
it will be worth it when I can treflip. I've been putting them off for
a while.

Old August 19th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fist

Luke Collalto wrote:
What kind of resin? Where would i purchase such items?

I have no idea where to find them, i just know they exist. It might be
easier just to buy a new one tho.

--
fist
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
petri

fist wrote:
more carbon strips and some resin.

AFAIK you need to bake carbon fibers in an oven. That makes it
impractical for DIY. Glass fiber is easy to use in a garage environment
in comparison.

Didn't somebody enforce his CF base with a metal plate (as a
precaution). I think I remember reading that in some other thread.
That's too late now but for your next seat.

--
petri
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
podzol

UWs and BCs don't have this problem...

--
podzol

http://www.wobblinglions.com
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

But I have never tried carbon. I believe it is not all that difficult,
possible to do at home. Here is a web site that has a lot of info, and
can sell you carbon cloths and resins.
If it is like fiberglassing, it is as simple as sanding, soaking the
right cloth with the right resins, and having it in the right shape
when it hardens. Good luck ! We all want to see your new carbon frame !

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 19th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

http://tinyurl.com/j8xu8
Sorry, forgot the link

--