Who is to blame Cyclist or Taxi Driver? ( I dont like either)

Old November 27th 15, 07:52 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Who is to blame Cyclist or Taxi Driver? ( I dont like either)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:39:57 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 16:30:12 UTC, Jeff wrote:
On 26/11/2015 15:54, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, 26 November 2015 15:33:24 UTC, Richard McKenzie wrote:
When have cyclists been allowed to undertake?

There is no law that says it is illegal to overtake a car on its inside.
There is a rule for drivers to watch out for this and check their nearside door mirror before moving to the left.

151: In slow-moving traffic. You should be aware of cyclists + motorcyclists who may be passing on either side

Equally rules 72 and 73 for cyclists should be looked at!!!

Particularly the bit in rule 72 which says:"*Do not* ride on the inside
of vehicles signalling or slowing down to turn left". Which the cyclist
in this incident clearly did.

The driver only signalled at the last minute, he should have done it well before the junction to give the cyclist a sporting chance.

"Sporting chance"? - I'm sorry - it wasn't a race - despite what the cyclist
thought.

I bet he lost more than the 3.7secs he was trying to shave off his best time to
work.

Old November 27th 15, 08:55 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:
[...]

He might have been in a race.
Old November 27th 15, 10:21 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Fredxxx

wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's a Southern pastime.

Old November 29th 15, 03:48 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Sorry - my mistake - I forgot.