The big fat con story

Old May 22nd 04, 07:57 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default The big fat con story

In article ,
"DRS" wrote:

"Chalo" wrote in message
om
"DRS" wrote:

Bull****. Obesity is at epidemic levels, with the concomitant
dreadful health costs, not least of which is diabetes and related
illnesses as well as cardiovascular disease.

snip
For the vast bulk of the Fat ****s In Denial (FFID) out there it is
completely avoidable. They're fat because they make every excuse
under the sun instead of taking responsibility for the fact they eat
****, they eat heaps of it and they don't exercise. Oh, and where
did I say anything about BMI? I use body fat percentage, not BMI.

I offer a photo that illustrates the flaw in your thinking:

http://www.rulongardner.com/images/album/15s.gif

I have only normal eyesight.

http://www.rulongardner.com/images/s...w/dsc_3626.jpg

This picture very clearly shows the difference in body type.

http://www.rulongardner.com/images/s...w/dsc_3647.jpg

Rulon's no skinny boy. At a guess, he has a higher BF% than me, and I'm
not Lance.

Rulon Gardner has *way* more body fat than Aleksandr Karelin, whom he
beat largely due to superior stamina compared to the leaner, and
stronger, wrestler. Rulon is a fat guy who is also an elite,
top-level athlete in superb health.

Poor health can be a cause of obesity, but obesity is NOT a cause of
poor health.

Yes, it is. There is a demonstrated link.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old May 22nd 04, 08:01 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Zoot Katz wrote:

Wed, 19 May 2004 16:42:18 -0700,
,
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I also have some great ideas for taking care of Irish babies,

Pickle them in Guinness!

I think they already do that.

Why else are Irish eyes smiling?
Old May 23rd 04, 11:34 PM
Mark Hickey

" S o r n i" wrote:

Back when I was running (slow 10Ks and half-marathons and stuff), I passed
someone once.

{pause}

She tried to trip me with her crutches, but I got by!

Heh. I was once doing a race and heard what I thought was a bike
passing me.

It was a guy pushing one of those tricycle baby carriages.

Sigh...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Story - Visit to TW Bents Michael J. Klein General 1 April 15th 04 02:38 PM
Helmet Story Tom Kunich General 21 March 27th 04 03:59 AM
A Bicycle Story Marian Rosenberg General 5 September 7th 03 01:40 PM