Source for Campy-Compatible Skewer parts?

Old July 19th 05, 11:46 PM
Donald Gillies

Default Source for Campy-Compatible Skewer parts?

I broke an old normandy 500 x 126mm steel QR skewer (along with the
axle, but i know enough not to search for such a rare axle) and now
I'm looking for a replacement skewer rod. Yeah, it's silly but i'd
like to try to keep this skewer looking vintage, with its 1970's PX-10
type of skewer nut.

The skewer rod has the same thread pitch as Campagnolo. I have
verified that the pitch is different than the pitch on joytech
(probably 26 TPI just like the axles, but i don't have a pitch gauge
to verify this fact.)

Does anyone know a source of affordable replacements ?? I can deal
with cutting down a rod for a 130mm hub, if available. Right now I'm
thinking of buying a pair of old campy triomphe rear skewers from
wwcyclery on ebay, for $10/pair.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA