Bugs

Old May 18th 04, 03:05 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Default Bugs

John Hearns wrote:

That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her,

Might be hard to cycle with all that going on ...

EFR
Ile de France

Old May 18th 04, 03:07 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Mark Thompson wrote:

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

EFR

Old May 18th 04, 03:15 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Badger_South wrote:

The problem is after you've choked on a couple it causes you to alter the
way you breathe, in my experience. As I noted to Elisa it's pretty easy to
make a net or gauze mask that you can pull up. If you use neutral colored
piece of nylon netting, such as a stocking it's hardly noticeable to anyone
else.

And I was having these lovely Edward Gorey style images in my mind, of the
cartwheel hat swathed in yards of frothy tulle...

But there is the wind resistance to consider.

EFR
Ile de France

Old May 18th 04, 03:16 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Badger_South wrote:

The problem is after you've choked on a couple it causes you to alter the
way you breathe, in my experience.

Yeah, especially when one of them is a wasp...

EFR
Ile de France

Old May 18th 04, 03:34 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Badger_South wrote:

Funny you should mention that. If you recall, I posted a few weeks ago
about availability of some kind of mosquito net I could wear as an
anti-bug-inhaling measure.

Yes, that's what got me thinking.

Well I made a mask myself using nylon netting. It is simply a 6x9"
rectangle of the nylon netting in front, with a thicker piece of netting
tied to each end that loops around the neck much as a simple surgeon's
mask. When I get to bug territory, I pull the mask up from around my neck
and cover the mouth.

Ingenious!

There is negligible if any air resistance so breathing is not inhibited.

As I make my daily good mornings, trail walkers have been known to say "Who
was that Masked Man?" ;-p

I go for the Dork Look, myself. I already have a little rear-view mirror
attached to my helmet like a Martian antenna. Then, as you recall, I prefer to
ride in skirts. But to keep them out of the pedals I tie them up in a great
knot over my right knee, or take the back up between my legs and tuck it in
front like a baby's diaper. Underneath I wear cut-off tights and a lacy slip.
Recently I bought a pair of shoes that work well for cycling, because they have
knobby rubber bubos on the bottom that adhere beautifully to the pedals. On top
they are like Alice in Wonderland shoes, in bright metallic silver.

As I suffer a lot from heat and sweat in the summer I've been contemplating
shaving my head.

I think a veil or mask would complete my outfit admirably, but I'm slightly
worried about being interned.

EFR
Ile de France

Old May 18th 04, 03:44 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:07:43 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli
wrote:

Mark Thompson wrote:

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a
bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

I think one goes in somewhere between the dog and the cow by my reckoning.

Colin

Old May 18th 04, 03:46 PM
Simon D

"Elisa Francesca Roselli"
wrote in message ...

Underneath I wear cut-off tights and a lacy slip.

)

Recently I bought a pair of shoes...they have
knobby rubber bubos on the bottom that adhere beautifully..... On top
they are like Alice in Wonderland shoes, in bright metallic silver.

Should this be in alt.fetish???

I've been contemplating shaving my head.

Yes, I was right!

(Sorry, Elisa!)

---

Old May 18th 04, 03:54 PM
Badger_South

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:34:02 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli
wrote:

I go for the Dork Look, myself. I already have a little rear-view mirror
attached to my helmet like a Martian antenna. Then, as you recall, I prefer to
ride in skirts. But to keep them out of the pedals I tie them up in a great
knot over my right knee, or take the back up between my legs and tuck it in
front like a baby's diaper. Underneath I wear cut-off tights and a lacy slip.
Recently I bought a pair of shoes that work well for cycling, because they have
knobby rubber bubos on the bottom that adhere beautifully to the pedals. On top
they are like Alice in Wonderland shoes, in bright metallic silver.

As I suffer a lot from heat and sweat in the summer I've been contemplating
shaving my head.

I think a veil or mask would complete my outfit admirably, but I'm slightly
worried about being interned.

Whoa. I think you've invented a new genre, or perhaps a throw-back to the
days of the horseless carriage and big bonnets; a sort of Julie
Andrews-chic.

I admire your panache, although I'm not sure what you mean by 'being
interned'. Is that a euphemism for being netted by the boys in white coats?
In that case, hey, they have to catch you first, eh?

You're more likely to become famous and perhaps a tourist attraction. Do
you have a web page with jpgs of your flying attire?

May I add I'm immensely fond of reading your postings. ;-)

-B

Old May 18th 04, 04:30 PM
Mark Thompson

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a
bird, cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills
her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

Quorn fed - gotta be tasty :-)
Old May 18th 04, 05:33 PM
anonymous coward

On Tue, 18 May 2004 13:19:06 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

As the weather turns nice, clouds of midges and gnats are starting to
form. Larger and less clean biological specimens are also air-borne and
thickening.

Remembering - how could I forget - the day on my kick-scooter when I
swallowed a large bluebottle (ah, that savour of rotting melon lingering
at the back of my throat for the rest of the week ...), and being
conscious that on a cycle, one sooner or later ends up opening one's
mouth to breathe, I want to ask you people if there are any standard
solutions.

It occurs to me that I have never seen a cyclist wearing a veil. Why
not?

EFR
Ile de France
(mais non M'dame, ce n'est pas un signe ostenatoire d'appartenance
réligieuse ...)

LOL - mais tristement. I've never seen a British cyclist wear a veil over
their mouths either, so I doubt if _that_ is the reason. I've not yet
swallowed a fly, but I have seen a big wasp go 'twoing' off my spectacles
at high speed.

AC