Derailleur in spokes

Old June 6th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ken[_6_]

Default Derailleur in spokes

Your derailleur wasn't ripped of it came loose, the bolt broke, the
hanger broke/came loose. etc. When something is on the point of breaking
it is likely it breaks when you are shifting.

Lou

That's the thing, everyhting else seems to be firmly attached, at least to the extnet I can tell now that this failure has occurred. Except for the now-broken hanger, everything appears to be nice and tight, nothing I can find that is wobbly.

I suppose one possibility is that maybe I did hit a stick or something that caused the derailler to bend into the spokes, and then the stick was fling away and I didn't see it.