Ho are time trial brake cables routed?

Old October 13th 20, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Ho are time trial brake cables routed?

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 12:57:48 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 9:55:43 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 12:53:19 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 5:10:46 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Ah, those Tektro levers are like the ones I have. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get the cable and housing from the brake lever into the handlebar. The only way I can see doing that is to drill a hole in the handlebar near the brake lever. There are no entry holes on the handlebar at present.

I would STRONGLY advise against drilling those particular bars.

That's why I said I'll get the internal cable routing compatible brake levers.

Cheers

Good, because I've seen those bars fold up.

I've seen regular drop bars with no holes drilled in them break too.

Cheers
Old October 13th 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 11:42:06 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

I've never seen aluminum drop bars break except in a crash. I'm sure that it has happened since sprinters can put a hell of a load on bars but I haven't seen it.
Old October 13th 20, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/13/2020 1:42 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

I've never seen one of these cranks fail:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/ima...yclescom/1.JPG

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/ima...yclescom/7.JPG

But that doesn't make it a good idea.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 13th 20, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 1:33:15 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I have seen these drilled cranks fail though not those specific examples. I have also seen the early FSA carbon crank break right in the middle of the off-side arm. If they weren't weaker than you imagine a power meter would not work on them.