Mount Wallace

Old March 1st 07, 12:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
neon[_2_]

Default Mount Wallace

I saw the Mount Wallace north of Geelong had some riders walking again
yesterday in the Womens tour. What is the gradient of said mount? I
looks like a killer!

--
neon

Old March 1st 07, 03:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_10_]

neon Wrote:
I saw the Mount Wallace north of Geelong had some riders walking again
yesterday in the Womens tour. What is the gradient of said mount? I
looks like a killer!

no more than 15-18% iirc. It is relatively short though.

--
gplama

Old March 1st 07, 09:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jono L[_2_]

I reckon the steepest pinch might be pushing 20%, but it ain't walking
territory they're all soft!

Lama- I may be racing saturday due to the early start, yehaa!!!

--
Jono L

Old March 1st 07, 10:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_2_]

Bashed it out on bikely to have a look. If it is accurate, it rises ~
100 m over ~500 m = 20%.

--
roshea

Old March 1st 07, 11:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_11_]

Jono L Wrote:

Lama- I may be racing saturday due to the early start, yehaa!!!

Jay will be there too, lets rumble!!!

Dura Ace cranks installed.... there goes 107g in weight off the bike!
yeehawww

--
gplama

Old March 1st 07, 11:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_16_]

gplama Wrote:

Dura Ace cranks installed.... there goes 107g in weight off the bike!
yeehawww

Don't forget to remove the front basket & tassles either.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 1st 07, 12:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_12_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Don't forget to remove the front basket & tassles either.

but the basket is the best place for the Powerbars(tm) though!

(one day I'll get cash/goods for comments around this place!)

lama

--
gplama

Old March 1st 07, 12:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_18_]

gplama Wrote:
but the basket is the best place for the Powerbars(tm) though!

(one day I'll get cash/goods for comments around this place!)

Graft! Corruption! Kickbacks! Payola$!

BTW - dug up this post Carl made last year regarding Mt Wallace:

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.b...221306c8e05fed

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/2006_GWT_mt_wallace.jpg

Major ouchies.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 1st 07, 08:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
parawolf[_3_]

gplama Wrote:
Jay will be there too, lets rumble!!!

Dura Ace cranks installed.... there goes 107g in weight off the bike!
yeehawww

Carlsruhe West? If so, I'll be there too...

--
parawolf