My bladder don't hold no more.

Old October 11th 03, 08:07 PM

Default My bladder don't hold no more.

I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone
in July. Well I fill the my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast
as I fill it. Right below the cap it separated. Great so I put a few
waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After the ride I hit a few LBS.
They don't have any. We will have to order some they say. Now I head
for the Dick''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold they
have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale
and less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while
and have set up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set
out and repair it and it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to
have a spare Camelback.

Fire up MTB 03

Old October 11th 03, 08:29 PM
Slacker

wrote in message
I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone
in July. Well I fill the my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast
as I fill it. Right below the cap it separated. Great so I put a few
waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After the ride I hit a few LBS.
They don't have any. We will have to order some they say. Now I head
for the Dick''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold they
have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale
and less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while
and have set up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set
out and repair it and it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to
have a spare Camelback.

Fire up MTB 03

True... I have 3.
--
Slacker

Old October 11th 03, 10:11 PM
Dave W

I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone
in July. Well I fill the my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast
as I fill it. Right below the cap it separated. Great so I put a few
waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After the ride I hit a few LBS.
They don't have any. We will have to order some they say. Now I head
for the Dick''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold they
have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale
and less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while
and have set up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set
out and repair it and it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to
have a spare Camelback.

Fire up MTB 03

Had the same problem. Replace mine, then fixed bad one, now I've got 2
bladders, one for sports drink, one for H2O.

Dave (140 oz-Hydrate or Die!)
Old October 11th 03, 11:07 PM
Zilla

Sounded like a good excuse to get another one.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old October 12th 03, 12:01 AM
RacerX

Thats the good thing about the Military i have 3 and a half hahhaa i know i
dont consider the little desert camo one "50 Oz i think" a whole camelback
but the 2 hawgs i got one black one camo now those are a Mtn bilers friend
ona 4 hour epic and 2 tubes, 100 oz's later. I just bought a backpack on my
last deployment in june that carries 2 100 oz bladders and i could pack a
whole other bike minus the wheels i swear it.

Old October 12th 03, 02:08 AM
BB

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:01:13 -0700, RacerX wrote:
Thats the good thing about the Military i have 3 and a half hahhaa i know i
dont consider the little desert camo one "50 Oz i think" a whole camelback
but the 2 hawgs i got one black one camo now those are a Mtn bilers friend
ona 4 hour epic and 2 tubes, 100 oz's later.

My nomination for run-on sentence of the week.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old October 12th 03, 10:37 AM

Okay for those dieing to find out what the fix was.
Remember the cap separated from the bladder at the bottom of the cap.
Thats about where the water line should be so it isn't to full.
Something like 3/4 full. The big fix Loctite Don't ask what number
Loctite, numbers go in to the high hundreds. For troopers that are so
lucky to use Camelback,it must beat the old 2 qt, belt hung canteen from
the days of C rations and Lerpts. Now you can drink on the run and
eat by pulling a tab. You come a long way baby.

Fire up MTB 03