AMB-Idaho 05 Briefing and Time for a Headcount

Old July 13th 05, 12:11 AM
Paladin

Default AMB-Idaho 05 Briefing and Time for a Headcount

Hey Compadres.

We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming. Or
not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....

Whe Easley campground, on the Wood River, 14 mi North of Sun Valley,
Idaho, next to Easley Hot Springs, with showers, etc. Kinda commercial, but
you'll love it, and it's centrally located between major trail sources.

What: More world-class riding than you could do in a lifetime

When: Aug 11 through 14, planning on an easy scenic ride Friday nt, the
big ride Saturday, and a cool down activity or ride Sunday.

Who: Sound off and let me know, and let me know if you want to stay at
my two adjacent campsites (there's lots of room)

Ride: How hard do you want to make it? If last year's Duck Lake to
20-Mile was a 7 and the Loon Lake ride a 5, what do you want as a big ride
for Saturday on 1-10 scale? These are very scenic rides, so we'll be
stopping for a lot for pictures and the usual horsing around.

Preparation: Remember, this is fairly tough riding at altitude, so come
prepared to ride 20 miles or so (with several breaks), and make sure you're
in relatively good shape. I think most of the rides I have in mind are
definitely doable by strong intermediate riders.

Details: Email me if you have more questions, but if you're on the
fence about coming, just do it. Life's not getting any longer, so let's go
have some fun.
c bro 77 at yahoo dot com or brown law at quik dot com

Food: Let's talk. Beer: Let's talk some more. Cooking
responsibilities: let's talk. Penny and I could do a Thai feast.

No kidding, the hardest part of this trip will be narrowing down the very
awesome options open to us: here are some possibilities:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...270e& t=47674
let it load

and:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...70e& t=113700

and there are so many others...

CDB

Old July 13th 05, 12:34 AM
small change

Paladin wrote:
[...]

I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
based on your scale.
What's the hot spring beta, and the WW situation... we can bring a paddle
raft. Count for three of us, maybe two.

Old July 13th 05, 01:16 AM
Ride-A-Lot

small change wrote:
Paladin wrote:

[...]

I am going to try and drop by to say hi on the eve of the 13th.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 13th 05, 04:04 AM
Paladin

"small change" wrote in message
Paladin wrote:
Hey Compadres.

We're one month away, and I need to get a headcount for who's coming.
Or not. I'm not exactly wired very tight, you know....

I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
based on your scale.
What's the hot spring beta, and the WW situation... we can bring a paddle
raft. Count for three of us, maybe two.

Hot Springs aren't exactly what you or I may necessarily prefer or be used
to (I thought Burghdorf a little commercialized): but here's the deal:
http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/gallery/saw39.jpg and
http://www.cathedralpines.org/Picture%20013.jpg but hey, don't forget, it's
Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't known for roughing it.

I don't know about the WW yet, but I hope to spend a day or overnight up
there later this month and will let you know. I have a cop buddy up there
who says the river's pretty tame, but good for floating, cooling off and
washing up in. Stay tuned.

CDB

Old July 13th 05, 05:12 AM
small change

Paladin wrote:

Hot Springs aren't exactly what you or I may necessarily prefer or
be used to (I thought Burghdorf a little commercialized): but here's
the deal: http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/gallery/saw39.jpg and
http://www.cathedralpines.org/Picture%20013.jpg but hey, don't
forget, it's Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't
known for roughing it.
I don't know about the WW yet, but I hope to spend a day or overnight
up there later this month and will let you know. I have a cop buddy
up there who says the river's pretty tame, but good for floating,
cooling off and washing up in. Stay tuned.

Maybe there are some hike to natural springs around. As for boating - I
know tons of Idaho boaters, just need to ask, duh...

P.

Old July 13th 05, 06:31 AM
gabrielle

CDB wrote:
Hot Springs aren't exactly what you or I may necessarily prefer or be used

to (I thought Burghdorf a little commercialized): but here's the deal:
http://www.forestcamping.com/d ow/gallery/saw39.jpg and
http://www.cathedralpines.org/ Picture%20013.jpg but hey, don't
forget, it's
Sun Valley, where money talks and these folks aren't known for roughing
it.

Where exactly are the hot springs in those photos? On the other side
of the pools?

gabrielle

Old July 13th 05, 02:16 PM
Carla A-G

"Paladin" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! Too bad we couldn't make it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old July 13th 05, 09:53 PM
Paladin

"small change" wrote in message
Paladin wrote:
Hey Compadres.

Penny wrote:
I'm up for someting 7 or so, not counting the waterless last 10 miles.
based on your scale.

Well, most of the rides pictured are 7's on up. But Friday I'm meeting an
area guide for whole wheat refreshments, who will go over all the
possibilities for our group. There's a ride right out of the campground he
was telling me about, that gains quickly and gives some stunning vistas.
Maybe good for Fri nt, or Sunday a.m. We'll see.

CDB

Old July 14th 05, 12:46 AM
joshser

Here's a list of Idaho hot springs, most complete that I know of, for
both commercial and non:
http://www.idahohotsprings.com/hot_s...ot_springs.htm

Josh

Old July 14th 05, 03:53 AM
GeeDubb

Paladin wrote:
[...]

My family and I will be up on Thursday through Monday or Tuesday
depending on our mood. Any body have a problem with me bringing a 21'
travel trailer? Too bad!(;-}.

Hoping my back is back to normal pain level by then........

Also wanted to tell you the kids are enjoying the bikes, especially the
green one with the mega granny gear.

Gary