Cateye Padrone, low battery warning?

Old June 20th 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cateye Padrone, low battery warning?

On 6/19/2015 7:59 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:55:46 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 08:39:09 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Hmmm.... what's growing in my tea this morning?

Ok... that was awful. To redeem myself, here's a much better idea if
you have a hub dynamo. Use the pulses from the hub dynamo to run a
wired bicycle computah:
http://www.eeweb.com/blog/extreme_circuits/bicycle-speedometer-with-hub-dynamo
No magnets or messy wiring required.

It would be much cheaper to just use a string with a rock on the end
and knots in the string. Toss the rock behind the bike and count how
many knots run out in say 30 seconds. Depending on knot spacing you
could measure every thing from millimeters per hour to the speed of
light :-)

Practically every household has a bunch of string in the kitchen
drawer and rocks are obtainable free in most places, so the "Knot
Meter" is essentially FREE!
--
cheers,

John B.

Based on my observations of rider-installed wired computers,
the knot concept is catching on already.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 20th 15, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

THATSNOT TEA LIEBS !

Unbungler Tool No. 3

https://goo.gl/CkW6lj

Old June 21st 15, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 2:12:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
THATSNOT TEA LIEBS !

Unbungler Tool No. 3

https://goo.gl/CkW6lj

https://picasaweb.google.com/1022344...681/LiquidTape

a can on hand. solves fragile, and water vulnerable connections.

a band of electrical tape or taped poly bottle strip atop a relay then filled with tape liquid...

I have a round cylinder transistor blinker device lacking a mount.

poly strip cut long and short in circumference allowing a screw down tightner along the free edges...coated with tape liquid and topped off...connections to bottom when mounted and ...2 days later a solid mountable waterproof unit. In red !!
Old June 21st 15, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

wrote:

[...]

:-)
I actually came across some "knotted wires" on an old truck I bought
in Thailand. I was repairing the tail light wiring and found that
someone, in splicing wires, had stripped the wires and than tied a
square knot in them and than tapped the splice.

Thinking about it, it seemed, mechanically speaking, probably stronger
then the usual twisted splices I used to use.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 21st 15, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:12:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:
50 kph * 7.20 RPM/kph = 360 RPM
360 rpm / 60 sec/min = 60 revolutions/sec = 60 Hz.
It's some kind of 60 Hz AC powered device. My guess(tm) is something
that arcs once per revolution or cycle. It's NOT a multi-pole motor
or LED light dimmer. Perhaps a neon sign? Microwave industrial
heater? Very old light dimmer?

Er... last I checked, 360/60 = 6?

-Luns
Old June 22nd 15, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 8:33:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 2:12:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
THATSNOT TEA LIEBS !

Unbungler Tool No. 3

https://goo.gl/CkW6lj

https://picasaweb.google.com/1022344...681/LiquidTape

a can on hand. solves fragile, and water vulnerable connections.

a band of electrical tape or taped poly bottle strip atop a relay then filled with tape liquid...

I have a round cylinder transistor blinker device lacking a mount.

poly strip cut long and short in circumference allowing a screw down tightner along the free edges...coated with tape liquid and topped off...connections to bottom when mounted and ...2 days later a solid mountable waterproof unit. In red !!

todays tip !!!!

know bleeder screws on the disc brake housings ? are rubber screw covers on ?

cu rubber hose stub to fit, add liquid tape core, fill to bottom.