TTT Stem Questions

Old August 31st 05, 05:53 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default TTT Stem Questions

"Bob" wrote in message
OK... I'm still stuck in vintage gear, I need some info on this
"newer" TTT Stem:

What are the funky grooves in the clamp area seen he
http://users.rcn.com/uctraing/100_1362.JPG

What is this little screw hole for, seen he
http://users.rcn.com/uctraing/100_1364.JPG

Thanks,

Bob,
I also use the TTT stem. Looking at jpg 1362 it looks like you have an
insert.
Mine doesn't have that insert. Are you using bars that are smaller than
clamp dia. of 26.0mm?

I don't know what that pin hole is in jpg 1364.
-tom

Old August 31st 05, 09:33 PM
Tom Nakashima

"Bob" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:53:39 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

Bob,
I also use the TTT stem. Looking at jpg 1362 it looks like you have an
insert.
Mine doesn't have that insert. Are you using bars that are smaller than
clamp dia. of 26.0mm?

There's no insert in there and the grooves are factory since they have
the original blacking in there.

I don't know what that pin hole is in jpg 1364.

The small hole is also threaded and appears to be factory...

Bob

Interesting, factory for what purpose?
-tom

Old August 31st 05, 10:40 PM
Diablo Scott

Bob wrote:

The small hole is also threaded and appears to be factory...

A fancy logo plate maybe? Sort of a head-tube badge for your stem?

It does look like there's an insert in there though. It seems that near
the clamp bolt the insert is thinner than on the opposite side.
--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/